These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

I can´t assign everything in midi shortcut setup?

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
Askul
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

I can´t assign everything in midi shortcut setup?

Post by Askul »

Hi!

I just got this BFC and everything seems very nice but there´s something that bugs me. There´s only about 5% midi commands which i can assign that works. If i try to put lets say "open all" in some button, it wont work in FS. Setup detects buttons and faders alright. Those commands which work have blue backround. Any ideas? is it FS, BFC or me? :D

TIA, Askul

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: I can´t assign everything in midi shortcut setup?

Post by Spirit »

i think its you that did not config the Bcf correct..
because on which Mode do you have the BCF?

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Askul

Post by Askul »

Thanks for the quick reply!

I got kinda hunch it would come to this. I´ve done this switching to bc mode but not that U-1 thingy. Many links that i found earlier in discussions referred to pages that were "under construction" in FSwiki so i forgot that and thought that BFC is in U-1 mode by default. Sadly i can´t get my hands on my rig right now but i will test it as soon as i can.

Thanks! and sorry about becoming questions in future as i get deeper whit this awesome piece of program. :D

:fs:
-A
Askul

Post by Askul »

Oh one more thing: How can i check what firmware i have in my BFC/is it necessary if it works ok? I have currently win7+ in every machine and upgrading seemed to be difficult without xp. I bought this BFC second hand and have no idea how old it is. Mint condition anyway :)
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

With most midi devices you need to configure them (usually via some set up software) to always send a maximum value of 127. FS will only recognise a value of 127. Some midi devices like keyboards are velocity sensitive and you need to push really hard to get the 127 value. Disabling the velocity sensitive feature usually fixes this.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

you can check the firmware Version if you power up the BCF..

you will see it think "1.10" and this is the lastes firmware version.. made 6 years ago it think..
but if you like to configurate your BCF i recommend to use the program BCmanager.
its the only program that works Perfect with the BCF..

and a Second hand BCF can also be the problem as i allready Broken 3 BCF's in 3a4 Years..
also a friend of mine bought a Second hand BCF and i noticed his Buttons acts realy strange.
and after some research i found out one of the 36 diodes could be Broken.. (Because the Buttons are in a Scan-matrix with 74HC165 and 74HC595 shift registers 8-) )
never search for the broken one now we use it as a Spareparts BCF ;)

but try Midi-ox and see what type of Note you get..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Askul

Post by Askul »

Thanks!

Now we´re getting in to something. Noticed that i have to be on the same page both BC and FS when assigning buttons :) Midiox gives note "7f" with every button/fader when 100%, so i quess that BC works alright. Now i can assign buttons/faders to work as i like...sort of.
I still can´t figure out why commands on page 2 that aren´t backrounded in blue won´t work. Well i´m happy that the page 1 accepts all assignments, but there´s little annoyment with toggle buttons! I see that page 1 is with toggle buttons and page 2 with flash buttons by default(?) in BC. Sounds good to me, but if i assign lets say "toggle seq 3" to some button, i have to press the button twice to get it "on", and three times to get it off :D Works, but lots of extra pressings. And i can´t get any flash commands. Convert flash to toggle -option is off.

Next problem is with intensity fading. Fixture intensity won´t go all the way to 0% even the fader is off, there´s a little glow left which pisses off of course.. master intensity isn´t any better, it´s 100% when fader is down, 0%(not completely, see above) when fader is half away and 100% again when fader is full up. At least blackout is really black.

And finally, can i adjust that "distribute evenly" option somehow in FX engine? That´s pretty important :)

-A

Return to “BCF2000”