These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

new user in need of some serious help

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
trubl
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

new user in need of some serious help

Post by trubl »

OK so the story goes like this. I bought lighting, an enttec pro dmx controller and downloaded freestyler. when i saw the info regarding how great/awesome/amazing the BCF2000 was for working with freestyler, I bought one. It came in yesterday and it played nicely with my computer :o . I had no problem setting it up to control faders and buttons in my DAW software but then came the real test - freestyler. What i'm looking to do (and i'm hoping it's possible) is use the BCF2000 control surface to control freestyler manually for scene creation... i.e. I want to be able to assign the buttons under the faders to toggle my lighting cans on/off and then use the faders to control the red, green, blue, strobe and intensity channels in my lighting cans, toggle those off, turn on my chauvet 6 spot, use the faders to control all of the functions on that (ch 1-6 controls the color of each individual spot, ch 7 is strobe if memory serves me, ch 8 is operation mode). Basically, I want the side window sliders to be assigned to faders and want to be able to turn my fixture control on/off without having to mouse click.

is this possible? if so, can someone PLEASE help me?

here's my setup:

(4) chauvet slimpar 38 cans
chauvet 6spot
american dj galaxian sky laser

pretty simple but effective...

also, i'd like to be able to assign the sequence create buttons to the BCF (i.e. the lower right panel buttons would control scene time up/down and a button to store the step and advance to the next).

or am i overthinking this and it's not possible? if that's the case, I have a real nice DAW controller but not what I was looking to accomplish :oops: thanks in advance everyone ;)

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: new user in need of some serious help

Post by Spirit »

Hej truble,

I can see your issue.
And i have the Same issue IF where talking about programming with the BCF2000, or Other external control.
there are not enough Controlls to Controll everything from the Sequence creator.

But Control the Left panel Sliders Is possible. But that Only works on the Current selected fixture.
There are also Buttons to Select a Fixture with External controlls, Like "Groups", "Next/Prev Fixture".
You can find a list with all the external control on this page:
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/e ... al_control
And look at "Fixture control"

i also have the Bcf2000 3times. but i just only use the Bcf to Controll the Submasters, Speed, Blackout, freeze, and other functions you use durring playback. i still programm the lights with the Mouse :(
i Also use Bomes miditranslator to achive Controll that are not available with Freestyler.

If you need more help Just ask again.
/Spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

you know, you can use midi shift set up to have 5 pages of midi control in FS.

thats 5 x 127. A lot of control available here! (BTW I have never tried it so have no idea if it works)
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Yes you have 5 Midi pages AND one Shift page.
So 6 x 127+0 = so up to 768 ;) controls can be configured.
all though freestyler doesnt have so much External controls :)
And it works Great!

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:Yes you have 5 Midi pages AND one Shift page.
So 6 x 127+0 = so up to 768 ;) controls can be configured.
all though freestyler doesnt have so much External controls :)
And it works Great!

/spirit

Fair enough! Raph has added other, extra midi control options over the years so maybe he will add in more ?
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

yes your right Fair enough.
Just liked to Point out that you have more then Enough Midi notes Available.
If you also use the Midi pages and Shift page.

but at the moment there a Something like 300+ External command Available.

/spirit

Return to “BCF2000”