These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Stairville mh-x50 intermittent power off?

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
MATFIN
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Stairville mh-x50 intermittent power off?

Post by MATFIN »

One of my Stairville MH-X50 keeps powering off. I've checked the units' fuses but they are OK. I did replace the fuse in its fuse holder and the unit will power up but then powers down after a few minutes. I've tried changing signal cables and mains cables and have put new fuses in mains plugs and the MHX50 unit itself irrespective of the original fuse not blown. Could it be software or electrical hardware unit problem?
Have contacted Thomann but any help would be appreciated - thanks MATFIN

a.murtagh99
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Stairville mh-x50 intermittent power off?

Post by a.murtagh99 »

You might be putting too much power through your circuit, like if you were running your whole setup on one plug, you might be demanding too much power from the one plug. Why not try running just this light on its own isolated plug, just to fix the problem.

One other thing, are you running it on freeseyler as i am looking for a fixture profie for the MH-x50's
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

That sounds like an internal problem.

It's not a circuit problem or too much power being drawn as everything would trip. I'd take it to an expert to get sorted or do it yourself if you have experience, but it could valid the warranty if you do it.
MAAC
Just started using FS

Post by MAAC »

I bet you have a problem in the PSU. Try to check voltages on the PSU output.

Return to “Off-Zone”