These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Compare Showtec Indigo 150 and Phantom LED 50 Spot.....???

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Compare Showtec Indigo 150 and Phantom LED 50 Spot.....???

Post by Uriahdemon »

Hi, I am thinking of upgrading my Showtec Indigo 150 movers to the Showtec Phantom LED 50 Spots. I was wondering if anyone had a view on either and will the Phantoms actually give me in theory 2.5 times brightness given the specs.

Thanks in advance.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Compare Showtec Indigo 150 and Phantom LED 50 Spot.....?

Post by Nathanrs93 »

I do believe that LED is the way forward as you can get a brighter output. I can't remember exactly but off the top of my head I believe that 10w LED power is roughly about 100w bulb, but don't quote me on that. I'd love to upgrade to LED fixtures as less hassle with dimmer racks, etc, so it would be easier for gigs/events but it's the cost because it all comes down to money again.

But yeah I think in the long run it would be good for you to invest in LED, because you can save money again as you don't have to buy bulbs.
Uriahdemon
FS is my life

Post by Uriahdemon »

Thanks Nathanars93, much appreciated.

Actually the Indigo 150's are LED mate, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience of both to give me an idea if the Phantoms are worth investing in :roll:
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Uriahdemon wrote:Thanks Nathanars93, much appreciated.

Actually the Indigo 150's are LED mate, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience of both to give me an idea if the Phantoms are worth investing in :roll:
No problem. If you do find out if they are any good, let us know? I'm interested to move over to LED fixtures ASAP. Cheers :)
Uriahdemon
FS is my life

Post by Uriahdemon »

Will do mate
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

i the past i used some Showcrap fixtures, sorry i just call them that way..

as allways there is something wrong with them..

but the last couple of month i have used the Showtec indigo 4600 (14ch mode)
from the 12 i used 4 where broken right away from the Box and 2 have some LCD issues...

also i dont like the dimmer as i think the LED are getting so HOT they dont SNAP off realy nice, they allways DIM off , as there isnt a Mechinal Shutter...
and the Light ouput cant beat a Normal HTI, HSD, MSD, CSD light bulbs..

AS the LED fixtures are using LUX and the fixtures i own uses LUMENS...
thats because LUX seems like a Bigger nummer, same as with cameras, if you see 13 Megapixel you get crazy, but the sensor can be So small you still get Crappy pictures..
But back to the LUM and LUX..
to get a Idea.
Indigo 150 = 4180 LUX = 288.49 LUM
Phantom 50 = 18.500LUX = 1276.79 LUM
Martin Mac mini = 145619.75 LUX = 10050 LUM (this is a Small Moving light) HTI 150
Martin Mac 500 = 708175.63 LUX = 48875 LUM (oke this is a Big moving light just to give a Idea) HSD 575

but everything else looks nice..
Focus, Prism, Gobo's, GoboRot, Colorwheel, Strobe.

so realy take a Close look at what your going to get from Showtec, as most of the fixture doesnt look nice if you use them a couple of times..
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Uriahdemon
FS is my life

Post by Uriahdemon »

Thanks Spirit, obviously not a fan of Showtec then.....:-)

I must admit this is a new dimension to my lighting knowledge i.e. lux v lumen etc and I will have to do a bit of research into it.

My idea from the start was to go LED which would reduce the need to replace bulbs as frequently and also use far less power. I am beginning to learn though this brings constraints with it i.e. less bright.

I was also trying to get the best I can for the money I have available and LED seemed the way to go.

You mention the Martin Mini Mac which uses an HTI 150 bulb. In your experience does this use a lot more power and how long would you expect this type of bulb to last...??

I am happy to go for something that will last and not take too much power given the rest of the rig is LED and happy to take advice....???
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

no i only like the Suntrips from Showtec :D only issue they also get broken realy fast...

Led will allways beat a normal Lightbulb as i comes to Power..
if a led is as good as a Normal lightbulb it will also comsume the same power..

the only issue with led is as i also used many differnt LED parcans..
the ones i realy liked they Cost ALLOT!!! 1000/1500 euro per Ledparcan...
i also used 30 euro to 200 euro Ledparcans but they did not look that nice... the color mixing just seems Crap..

so in the end its all up to you would you like to have allot of features for cheap then ledlight and Showtec or chauvet could be the deal..
but if your focus is more on how good the color mixing looks or how bright they are.. you can better look at Martin, ROBE, varylight but these are TOP of the line Fixtures..

and dont loook at the Martin mini mac, its a realy nice light only martin doesnt make them any more so you need to have then second hand.. and the Original light bulb from martin isnt made any more.. so your stuck with the OSRAM HTI 150 lightbulb for 110 EURO!!!! 500Hours running time!!!!!!!
the Original ones cost 80 Euro and 2000Hours running time...
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Uriahdemon
FS is my life

Post by Uriahdemon »

Thanks Spirit, so if you had a restricted budget but wanted to get the best you can for the money i.e. initial cost, cost of bulbs and power issues what moving head would you go for given your experience please....???

Return to “Off-Zone”