These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

laser orientation

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

laser orientation

Post by perrip »

Hello, I use my laser (american dj galaxian sky) for live band performances, and typically put it in the back of the stage pointing above the crowd. has anyone use a laser and put it on a truss high above the band pointing to the floor, to make kind of a "curtain" with it. I was wondering if the beams would show (of course use lots of haze) I know some of my moving heads seem to look better pointing above) the crowd than pointing strait, down, for some reason they get washed out on that ceiling to floor distance and really look more amazing going horizontal than vertical. just wondering if anyone has experience with this, because of course it is a big effort hanging and re-positing all these lights :D

Laudrin
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: laser orientation

Post by Laudrin »

Unfortunately I do not have the experience, but am interested in the answer, too.

Could you just use one of your lasers or a laser with similar output from the floor pointing upwards vertically? That way you could check the effect before rearranging all the lasers in your truss. :-)
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: laser orientation

Post by perrip »

That would have been smart if I tried the floor to ceiling first, but I didn't, and it really didn't look like much going from ceiling strait to the floor, I was only using haze and not a fog machine as well, so it may have been different, I put it back to where it hangs just above the drummers head and shoots out above the crowd and produces a good effect.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”