These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Suggestions Topic is solved

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
technote
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 7
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Suggestions

Post by technote »

For me as a non professional... How would you suggest setting up non movers to keep the lighting design interesting? I only have the budget for led washes and conventionals for an upcoming gig but I want the design to look good, be interesting, and not get repetitive...

the lights I will be using

16 Par 64's (Running off of DMX Dimmers)
10 MBT Led Par96
4 Chauvet SlimPar64
2 Chauvet ColorStrip Mini
4 Chauvet ColorStrip
2 Chauvet IntimidatorSpot LED 150's

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Suggestions

Post by spud1511 »

Suggested reading: submasters wiki.

Using submasters allows you to split attributes and program stuff separately. So you can have a bunch of movement sequences for your intimidator spots, etc. which can be used in different combinations of colours or chases so even when you run the same sequence the second time it won't look exactly the same.

Other than that keep building it up through the night, as in don't use all your best effects until later on. That could mean starting with really simple all 1 colour, no movement, and keep introducing new elements (different colours or colour combinations). You can then bring in colour chases and movement (again suggest slow or limited at first and build it up).

That's my little input, but there are loads of guys doing a great job who all approach gigs a different way so there is no real correct answer how to do it. Ultimately it comes down to a bit of practice and personal tastes.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”