These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

lasers [SOLVED]

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

lasers [SOLVED]

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Anyone know what watts I need outside for lasers? i know it's a different kettle of fish so it shouldn't be much, right?

:fs:
nathan

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: lasers

Post by Spirit »

this depant on many things but i havee seen Stages with 2 a 3watt GREEN lasers.

i Highlite the GREEN because its the strongest COLOR/WATT for other colors you will need more watt.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Spirit wrote:this depant on many things but i havee seen Stages with 2 a 3watt GREEN lasers.

i Highlite the GREEN because its the strongest COLOR/WATT for other colors you will need more watt.

/spirit
Cheers Spirit. I've been looking at 1w minimum but just not sure as I've never used em outside as of yet.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

also be sure where you put the smoke Machines, and look at how the wind blows.. ;) \

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Spirit wrote:also be sure where you put the smoke Machines, and look at how the wind blows.. ;) \

/spirit
Gotcha ;)
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

1watt lasers look good outside. Friend of mine does a lot of bush parties and he has some great photos of his laser in action. Smoke or haze is the key and wind is a killer. The human eye is more sensitive to the green wavelength so they always appear brighter. For other colours, especially blue make sure you have a more powerful diode (actual laser). Research scanning rates as the lower the rate the less the ability of the laser to replicate hard edged shapes. Most lasts come with preset DMX patterns but to get the most out them consider buying an ILDA control box.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Kings wrote:1watt lasers look good outside. Friend of mine does a lot of bush parties and he has some great photos of his laser in action. Smoke or haze is the key and wind is a killer. The human eye is more sensitive to the green wavelength so they always appear brighter. For other colours, especially blue make sure you have a more powerful diode (actual laser). Research scanning rates as the lower the rate the less the ability of the laser to replicate hard edged shapes. Most lasts come with preset DMX patterns but to get the most out them consider buying an ILDA control box.
Thanks for the feedback, Kings :)
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

Ah...my friend had another party on the weekend. He tells me he had his one watt lasers in and around the stage as usual but another guy turned up with a 2 watt laser. They decided to set it up 250 metres behind the stage and had it projecting a floating wave pattern above the stage. I would have loved to have seen that!
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Kings wrote:Ah...my friend had another party on the weekend. He tells me he had his one watt lasers in and around the stage as usual but another guy turned up with a 2 watt laser. They decided to set it up 250 metres behind the stage and had it projecting a floating wave pattern above the stage. I would have loved to have seen that!
Oh wow, thanks Kings! There was some interesting info there I could use :) Grateful

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”