These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

auto address issue

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
zadzad
Just started using FS

auto address issue

Post by zadzad »

Hi im having a problem with a new led bar that ive just purchased.

Unlike all my other fixtures it does not have a display or dipswitched for addressing but solely relies on auto addressing.

The light was bought 2nd hand and the manual is only in Chinese. Ive been given a basic bit of info from the manufacturer that the light has 7 channels.. the first is dimmer 2nd red 3rd green 4th blue 5th strobe 6th macro 7th macro speed.

I created a basic fixture file and just set it up as a colour changer and give the fixture the 7 channels as required.

when I connect the unit to freestyler and setup a new location with just this fixture co nected and added the dmx addressing is wrong.

the only channels that do anything (moving the faders in freestyler) Is channel 5 and 6.. 5 is the macro and 6 is the speed of the macro.. making me to think everything has been shuffled down 1 channel, biggest problem there is I no longer have a dimmer channel and hence why the red green and blue values do nothing.

is there any way to correct for this? Sorry its my first time with auto address and creating a fixture file for one. Is there something special I should be doing to make this work correctly?

thank you for any advice

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”