These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Wanted Mac 2000 Guru

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Jim JKla
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Wanted Mac 2000 Guru

Post by Jim JKla »

I have been thrown in at the deep end and I am trying to get a handle on controlling a couple of Mac 2000 Profile ii lights for Newcastle Eagles Basketball team.

I have managed to sort the wiring and control using a Laptop The illustrious Velleman K0862 and I am already a fan of Free Styler.

I have managed to get 3D Easy View to play and I have had the lights dancing using the Shape option in the pan/tilt window I now have a week of study to put together some basic moves.

My two lights are not suspended at this time but stand on their flight boxes on a platform that sits above and behind the upper stand on the long side of a hall about 60 metres long by 45 metres deep so they are eleivated to a hight of about 7.5 metres whre the roof is about 15 metres I will be getting some more accurate measurements at the next mach to complete my location model.

At this time I will get an accurate position for the centre circle so I can place a target in the model.

The lights are in place in the venue but I am going to have to do my programming using 3D Easy View and I won't be able to get to them for a couple of days. So I need a start point.

When I place my fixtures in 3D Easy View the default load position has them pointing down as if suspended.

Obviously to understand the behaviour and model a the programming I have to invert the fixtures using dx dy or dz so I have used dz 180 to believing this will give me my best frame of reference.

So with Pan and FinePan set to zero and Tilt and FineTilt also set to zero my lights are now pointing down and away from one edge of what is now the base what I want to know what direction is the pan relative to the power switch and sockets when it's in this position zero.

Now I come to my second question our two lights have been fitted with bespoke Gobo's is there a method of editing the Gobo icons on the gobo panel in Free Styler (white text bit sorted I used fixture creator)and or editing the resulting imaged beam in 3D Easy View note I am not expecting an explanation here more a pointer to where I can locate the answer in the Wiki. :fs:

And this is for the current venue where we are a guest for our home games at some time in the future theres a plan to move to a new new bespoke venue where we will perminently install the lights from a proper lighting truss.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”