These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cheap replacement scanner mirrors... [SOLVED]

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Cheap replacement scanner mirrors... [SOLVED]

Post by Kings »

Hi Folks...

A year or so ago I broke a mirror on one of my scanners and went looking for a replacement. After a bit of research (and a lucky chat with a school science technician) this is what I found:

http://www.ssapl.com.au/store/hl0976-01.html

These mirrors are acrylic (plastic) and can be cut with sharp scissors. They are also a lot less prone to breaking and can easily be reattached with double sided tape. I have trouble sometimes trying to decide which of my scanners have plastic and glass mirrors because they look so much like the real thing!

The link above is Australian but just Google key words like safety mirror, acrylic, double sided etc for a supplier in your country.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Cheap replacement scanner mirrors...

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,

I remember when we had a smashed mirror we just pulled it off an old soundlab scanner and replaced it that way, so we now have 4 working scanners but one with an odd mirror. It does need changing back to it's proper mirror really but I'd rather get rid get and some 250w anyway.

I would have thought that local DIY shops would have had some sort of mirrors, which you could cut to size.

/Nathan

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”