These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX isolator fix

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
rickwwallace
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

DMX isolator fix

Post by rickwwallace »

I have been having problems with my wireless dmx transceivers when using certain fixtures. I have found out that the problem was that the transceivers were getting a signal from the lights and thinking that they were transmitters instead of receivers. I just finished building some DMX isolators and inserted them beetween the fixture and the wireless box and the problem was solved. I have seen other people that was asking about inserting isolators into their fixtures to solve glitches and noise on the DMX line. I just finished with an isolator that is .5 inches by .75 inches and this weekend will try to find 12 volts inside one of my lights. If this is possible I will be putting isolators inside of all of my lights. I'll post my success Sunday.
Anyone with the problems that may need these in some of their fixtures I have the schematic on eagle and would be happy to send it to you.

Rick

rickwwallace
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: DMX isolator fix

Post by rickwwallace »

I could not get the dmx isolator board installed into my light housing. The DNX in and out are connected by a board already. I will have to design a new board with that footprint to go between the two xlr connectors. I have however been using them on the dmx line on the input of my lights and they have been working great. Maybe this week I can get the new design together and see if it will work on the inside of the light housing. We are now using the Flat Par pro RGB.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”