These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

New Lights Advice

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
dave77
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

New Lights Advice

Post by dave77 »

Hi All

Made a decision to have a change of lights tonight and was hoping some of you may be able to give me some pointers as what may be good or bad.

My current set up is as follows

2 x iMove 250s moving heads
4 x NJD DMX250 Scanners
2 x iRock 5B Barrel Scanners
1 x Chauvet Hemisphere 5.1
4 x PAR 64

Im thinking of getting chauvet lights and my list so far sits at:

2 x Chauvet Intimidator spot 150
4 x Chauvet Intimidator Scan LED 200
1 x Scorpion BLU EU laser
1 x Chauvet Hemisphere 5.1

Questions from your masses of experiance is are the above good or bad? is there anything missing which I should be thinking about?

Everything gets mounted on my truss and it is mainly small to medium sized disco's i do.

cheers in advance

Dave

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: New Lights Advice

Post by dmxlighting »

I fit a lot of Chauvet stuff in clubs. They never have any proper budget but want a BIG look so this gear fits the bill!

spot 150's are quite nice, very small and light weight, fairly basic, easy to use. If you can afford it Id go for 6 of these and not bother with the scans at all.

Scorpion lasers, well the look nice and they are cheap but Ive have no end of problems with Chauvet lasers. The power supplies in them are crap and the tend to pack up in no time at all. Just my experience in them.

Hems. I like these but im not so sure they are right for mobile use. The need to be placed up high over a dance floor. Think of them like a mirror ball. They are pretty but they need a lot of haze to get a really cool effect. Also they are a bit fragile. I would look at some of the other effects in the range. There are some pretty nice ones which may better suit you.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”