These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixture Issues

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
pypeland
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8

Fixture Issues

Post by pypeland »

Setup

Chauvet Scorpion RVM linked to
Chauvet Colorstrip linked to
ADJ MEGA FLASH linked to
Elation 4ch. dimmer pack two outlet plugins per channel

Interface is Krptonitetonic one EnteccOpendmx

when I add these fixtures into freestyler, i can only control the Scorpion and Colorstrip.

The strobe is set to appropriate channel in freestyler and on unit but will not respond from Freestyler adjustments. it only follows what current setting is on knobs on back, once plugged into power.
The 4 channel dimmer pack is set to appropriate channel as well on unit. i don't know what device to use in freestyler..... i have 2 LED pin spots, one for 2 of the four channels and they do nothing but blink via dimmer pack settings and i have no control from Freesetyler..which makes sense. i have no appropriate fixture to add. elation DP 415

any help is seriously awesome. i think when i went straight into flash from interface, i was able to control.... not sure. thanks guys.

BillsGate
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 4.x
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Fixture Issues

Post by BillsGate »

You could use any four-channel dimmer fixture for your Elation. Or even four separate fixtures if you prefer that. We have several fourbars (in fact a long tube-like 4ch dimmer with pars mounted on them) and instead of adding the entire dimmer, we've added four separate parcans per bar.

I don't know the Mega Flash, but you could try searching these forums for a fixture. Perhaps another Freestyler user has already made it.

To check why your lamps are not responding to Freestyler, I always start by examining the DMX output ("show output").
tjw
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by tjw »

I don't know if this is on point or not, but my first fixtures were cheap, unnamed Chinese light strips I bought of a guy on Craigslist. He was a great guy and helped a lot. We had the same problem, until he told me, that on these lights, DIP Switch 10 had to be on in order for the lights to work. Maybe try that?

tjw
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Yes try that you will never have a dmx switch 10 for addressing as that's impossible! 10's always a function switch!!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

Having LED fixtures connected to a dimmer pack is probably not a good idea due to the electronics not getting the correct power supply.
tjw
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by tjw »

I'm not sure, but I think I just got my ass chewed off.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

No, you are absolutely correct. A lot of fixtures need to have the 10 pin engaged in order to respond to DMX.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Kings wrote:Having LED fixtures connected to a dimmer pack is probably not a good idea due to the electronics not getting the correct power supply.

You utterly must not have led pars on a dimmer pack unless you want pyrotechnics! But he didn't state led fixtures!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I have seen an LED Fixture after it was connected to a Dimmer. EPIC FAIL!! Half the LED Burned out and the unit is just shy of FUBAR!! :)

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”