These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

can Show Xpress do this?

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
grjmmr
Knows how to turn Lights ON

can Show Xpress do this?

Post by grjmmr »

I would post this to a Chauvet forum site but I can't find one

I was told that Show Express can do what I am about to ask but I would like confirmation first and if possible, a quick tutorial before I buy the Chauvet DMX encoder needed for the program.

I have 4 Sprite DMX Interfaces that are fully addressable. They in turn are connected to 4 Sprite Media Players that each have SD cards with multiple mp4's on them.Using Show express I would like to be able connect to them using addresses 001,020,040 and 060 and then assign 15 or so channels to each one. I then would like to assign to each channel within the domain of the fixture, a file name. When I activate the channel, it sends a signal to the Sprite DMX Interface, which then activates the file on the SD card. Essentially I am building my Halloween show. I have 3 projectors and a sound system. The idea is if I activate Thriller.mp3 on Channel 2 and Thriller.mp4 on channel 21 and 41, the music would start playing out of my sound system and the videos would start playing on my projectors. I am trying to do all of this off of SD cards so as not to tax my laptop or eventually my Raspberry Pi in the future.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”