These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Connecting several Enttec Open DMX simultaneously

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
sync40
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Connecting several Enttec Open DMX simultaneously

Post by sync40 »

Hello to everybody,

I would like to know if someone have some real-world experience about connecting several Enttec Open DMX interfaces at the same time to the same computer.

The main goal is to obtain more than one universe (of course in software that have this capabilities).

Every Enttec Open DMX interface have a FTDI FT232 chip inside, and every chip has a different ID, so the operating system (at least Windows) should recognize and enumerate every interface as a distinct USB device.

So the main questions are two:
1) I plan to connect several Enttec Open DMX through an external USB hub to my computer. When the external hub is inserted to the PC, the USB enumeration process begins. Due to Windows nature, the enumeration order is not always the same, so let say, my Enttec Open DMX interface number 1 is not always USB enumerated at first that my second interface (enumeration order may not be the same always). However, since every FTDI FT232 chip have its own USB ID, there should not be confusion to the DMX software used to know was universe was (already assigned previously of course) to interface number one, and what other universes were assigned to the remaining interfaces. At least, Jinx! do remembers this settings. Any experiences regarding this?

Thank you for any info in advance
Regards.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”