These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

2 dmx inrfaces

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
bobly
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

2 dmx inrfaces

Post by bobly »

Hi there,
I apologize if there is a similar topic but I couldn't find any, so...
can I use simultaneously 2 dmx interfaces like enttec open dmx or USB to RS485, one for each universe? I tried that and after a few minutes, one of the interfaces loses connection. Is there a trick to connect those interfaces together (especially usb to RS485 since I plan to build my own interfaces with this module), or is there a bug?
Any help would be grateful
Thanks in advance

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: 2 dmx inrfaces

Post by spud1511 »

Do they work ok individually if you test them one at a time?
bobly

Post by bobly »

Hi,
thanks for the answer. Yes they work perfectly when I use them one at a time. The only problem is when I use two of them together...
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

As you say it starts working for a while, then you could try running some basic performance monitors (like piriform's speccy, etc) to look for signs like heat build up/cpu throttling or windows resource monitor for spiralling memory usage in the drivers in the build up to it failing.
bobly

Post by bobly »

Thanks for the answer. The machine I use FS is an I7 with 16gb of ram, so, I don't think this is the problem. I also checked if there's any conflict between usb devices but everything is ok. Is there any possibility to change the device "id" to one of the interfaces? I mean, something to let the software recognize the first interface as "no 1" and the second as "no 2", or something like that? This way, I can mark the interfaces and know what to use in the first universe or the second.
Thanks in advance

Return to “DMX Interfaces”