These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Enttec Open DMX USB

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Justin Smith
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Enttec Open DMX USB

Post by Justin Smith »

Hi,

I've bought a brand new Enttec Open DMX USB direct from their website to use with my recently downloaded Freestyler 3.6.32

I cannot seem to get the Freestyler Setup to see the device as it says: FTDI Device "Fault" although occasionally I have seen "FT232R USB UART" which I think means it has worked.

When I restart the program I get "Universe 0 interface: Open Failed!" sometimes, in fact, more often than not.

I am using the USB A > B lead that it comes with and have tried another good quality one.

I have downloaded what appears to be their Enttec drivers which is just a .exe which runs as seems to end OK.

I have removed the USB to Serial convertor in device manager but on re-boot and re-install it seems no different.

Any ideas?

Justin Smith
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3

Re: Enttec Open DMX USB

Post by Justin Smith »

I'm still trying to work this out, I have now downloaded Q Light Controller and that seems to see my USB device OK.

Can I check, does interface 0 sound odd to anyone? - I would have thought it would be 1 and 2 not 0 and 1??

Is there a .ini file somewhere that is screwed or is there a way to do a full an complete un-install including any registry entries?
Odysseydj
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6

Re: Enttec Open DMX USB

Post by Odysseydj »

I have the exact same issue. I am new to DMX, so I am completely lost. Did you get this resolved? Anyone?

Return to “DMX Interfaces”