These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Elation Compu 04 (Sunlite SL512C) on XP SP3

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
blckjck
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Elation Compu 04 (Sunlite SL512C) on XP SP3

Post by blckjck »

Hello,
Two years ago I started working with Freestyler. This program has been great for my mobile shows. At that time I had tried getting it to work with the Elation Compu 04 USB interface. I had thought it was an issue with my mapping of a fixture. I had thought the other fixtures were fine, and it only effected the on.
I purchased an Entec Open-DMX adapter and my problems went away, so I did not troubleshoot it more. That history is present in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5862.

Fast forward to now and I have a reason to get it working. I am working on a permanent insallation. I have an older rack mount PC running XP SP3 and the Elation interface. The interface works properly with Elation Compu 2006. I would rather use Freestyler.

It appears that after sending a successful command, the interface stops sending a DMX signal until another command is sent. This is visible with the communication LED's on the interface. After that, the lights default to a S2L mode. With Compu, the commands are continueslly set. Is there an option I am missing for this interface to have that behaviour?

blckjck
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Elation Compu 04 (Sunlite SL512C) on XP SP3

Post by blckjck »

I think I found the cause of my problem. When installing Freestyler with the 3D software, the original drivers for the interface get overwritten. I then have to uninstall the device, and reinstall with a manual selection of the driver. Since reinstalling the old drivers, it ram without issue for hours.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”