These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

EUROLITE freeDMX AP Wi-Fi Interface

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Bangorscott
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

EUROLITE freeDMX AP Wi-Fi Interface

Post by Bangorscott »

Hi just wondered if anyone had any experience of using the EUROLITE freeDMX in Wi-Fi Interface mode with Freestyler ?

At present I am using Freestyler on a Windows 10 tablet with a KMtronic USB (Entec open) fed to a Donner Wifi DMX TX, and several Donner RX on stands and floor. DMX wifi works well, but occasionally lose contact with USB DMX module, think it is USB B socket in it which is loose, have tried cable tying in, but now looking towards a less complicated setup at tablet end and hopefully more robust, which brought me to the Eurolite freeDMX. I see there is now a newer version EUROLITE freeDMX AP Wi-Fi Interface, I am assuming this may also be compatible with Freestyler, can't seen to find a download manual for it, only the original EUROLITE freeDMX . In this it makes no mention of password, although I can see from Freestyler setup it is asking for one, is this a serial no etc on the casing?

Your experiences and view of performance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

srlevitt
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Re: EUROLITE freeDMX AP Wi-Fi Interface

Post by srlevitt »

Did you ever get any further with this? I want to use a laptop over standard Wifi to pass messages to a Eurolite FreeDMX AP
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

If you need to request this into freestyler, then you can do so via The Bug Tracker.Then Ralph the developer can add it over due course, because he's only one guy I'm afraid. So it might take some time.
DJ.Jan
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.50
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by DJ.Jan »

Amyone using this Interface at the moment?
I have one but with some issues...
When I am connected to the freedmx ap via WiFi I have control over my fixtures for some minutes. Then all of a sudden dmx output freezes.
If I restart freestyler I have control again - again for only a few minutes...

Any suggestions?

Regards, Jan
Chris Noiz
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Chris Noiz »

Hi !
Yes, I'm using this interface since some months with FS (v.3.6.49) on a Win10(x64/v.1909) Notebook. It works fine, but I ran into the same problem as Jan, but later...after around 60-90 minutes.
If i've a look in FS under "Setup --> Freestyler Setup --> Interface Setup, i find the "Keep Alive" (red line) is freeze :-( After restart FS it works again for around 60-90 minutes. Same behaviour in "AP" or "Infrastructure" modus, the Wifi connection still works fine. Also I didn't find (disabled) energy saving options on the notebook that brings up this behaviour.

So any idea to fix this problem...?

Regards, Chris

Return to “DMX Interfaces”