These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Enttec open dmx usb issues with freestyler

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
rohan
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by rohan »

Hi,

Running the latest version of freestyler on Windows 7 . Have installed my new open dmx usb. I'm also having the same problems with the supplied Lights Up software.

I'm running a no name Par 64 led fixture with 5 channels.

Note that i have previously used this light with a hardware based DMX controller and there have been no issues. No settings have been changed. Have tried multiple DMX cables all of which worked previously fine. The fixture is terminated. Multiple lights do not help. The fixture is 3 channel, and the open dmx usb needs a converter to go from 5 to 3 dmx channels. I have tried one of these that has been previously tested and works. I have tried older versions of freestyler, and ensured that the driver is properly installed.

The par 64 is set to DMX channel 1. I have also tried other channels such as 128 etc.

The issue is as follows:

Channels per the lights manual are:

1 -
0-49Close
50-99Open
100-149Strobe slow to fast
150-199Macro Color Changing
200-240Sound Mode
241-255 Open

2- Speed
3- Red
4- Green
5- Blue

When i go to change the values in freestyler i notice the following:

Channel 1 has moved to channel 4
Channel 3 - 5 have moved to channel 1 -3
Channel 2 is gone.

The issue isn't so much a problem with this fixture as its only 5 channels. I'm also having the problem with my Chauvet intimidator moving heads, which the problems are much more complex to explain.

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be great.

Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

Sorry, can't remember exactly what it's called at this time but try experimenting with the 'output' rate on the dongle. The USB Pro comes with a utility program that allows you to vary the rate. Ive used some cheap fixtures that seem to behave like yours out of the box. Changing the rate sometimes helps. Worth a shot...Good luck!
jpk
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/dmxking

Re: Enttec open dmx usb issues with freestyler

Post by jpk »

The enttec open does not handle DMX512 timing internally and instead relies on the computer. This will be the source of your problem, it's not uncommon.
http://DMXking.com USB DMX and ArtNet interfaces.
karma_audio
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.2

Re: Enttec open dmx usb issues with freestyler

Post by karma_audio »

I have same problem when i moved from win7 to win 10.Is there a solution for this?

Return to “DMX Interfaces”