These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

3D easy View won't load Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
dwebb1911
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

3D easy View won't load

Post by dwebb1911 »

Hello,
I am new to Freestyler and the forum. I have loaded Freestyler and Magic 3D Easyview onto my desktop computer and then later on to my laptop. On the desktop everything works as expected. However on the laptop 3D will not open from Freestyler. I downloaded both programs together from the Freestyler site and I am trying to open 3D from inside Freestyler. When I click the 3D button it 'highlights' but 3D will not load. I have turned off all wireless, firewalls and antivirus software. My laptop is a dell core i3 with 4 gb ram. I'm lost.
Thanks

dwebb1911

Re: 3D easy View won't load

Post by dwebb1911 »

Couple of more notes:
3D Easyview will not run with freestyler in virtual mode or with my Enttec open installed.
3D Easyview will run when started from outside freestyler.
dwebb1911

Post by dwebb1911 »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and done a system restore. No help.
sonidoelreey
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by sonidoelreey »

I was having the same problem,but all that happen when I decided to download the newest version 3.4.8 ,after that everything when wrong,so here is what I did...

First download freestyler fron website, then insatall it ,but make sure you uncheck the magic 3d visual ,so you will only install the FreeStyler .......

Try it ,and make sure work's well with your dmx interface.
Now that everything works download the FS again like you want it to install it, but in this case make sure you check the box for magic 3d visual, when the 3d download finish installing the drivers ,will ask you to install Fs ,so don't install it just press cancel ,this way you'll only install the 3d this time......

Now open Freestyler ,and try the magic 3d.......

This worked for me ,so I hope work's for you too, please let me know....

Regards,, Reey.
sonidoelreey
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8

Post by sonidoelreey »

PD...Before all that process above ,you will need to uninstall the Freestyler from your laptop ,and start from scratch,also ,and very important......

You 'll need to go to control panel -install/uninstall programs and look for a bunch of programs & uninstall them,those are the 3d drivers that every time you installed it in your laptop ,will install this drivers as well...
So if you install the 3d several times you will have several '"programs" (windows driver package-DAS (siudi) usb) & (windows driver pakage-DAS (win usb)usb). everytime you install the magic 3d 2 drivers will be installed in you system in order to have magic 3d working,so you need to have only 2 DAs drivers in your system...
dwebb1911

Post by dwebb1911 »

Thanks. That helped. Got it working !
k__x
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.4

Post by k__x »

im with 3.5.6 the last version and im getting problems to!

i tryed everything...unistall everything, install first freestyler, then 3D in the same folder as freestyler...
install them in the setup, i clean the registry...nothing :(

everytime i click in the 3D icon, it wont open nothing!

:(

i dotn know what to do more
herrmarvado
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5

Post by herrmarvado »

I'm having also problems with startup easyview.exe from FreeStyler.

I tried to install both of the applications and first removed it from the pc (I'm using Windows 7). I also tried to install the latest version of FreeStyler (3.5.6) but still the same problem.

I receive the error:
EasyView.exe Application Error

The instruction at 0x76e25b44 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

When I start EasyView.exe from the folder (C:\Freestyler) I can use the program. Really weird....
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7

Post by spud1511 »

Uninstall start clean, update windows, video card drivers and direct x, then install clean freestyler and easyview together and extract mevp.dll from c:\freestyler\mevp.zip and overwrite the old one (mevp.dll) in c:\freestyler folder. Then chose freestyler when you launch easyview from freestyler toolbar.
djmarkyjz
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by djmarkyjz »

I have had no luck what so ever with getting FS to communicate with Magic, I have uninstalled, reinstalled, looked at every setting, tried everything that has been listed in this thread. to be honest I have tried everything aside from throwing the computer against the wall,,, witch at this time I am not against. I know FS is working because I can plug the lights in and control every aspect, every Chanel. Does anyone have a fix for this???? And I see where someone said to extract some file and do something.... Please be more specific... Thank you.
djmarkyjz
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by djmarkyjz »

and now when I try saving my steps with creating sequences
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Have you read and done this?!?

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5579
dodopas
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49

Post by dodopas »

Good morning everyone.. Same problem...
Solved:
1' Install Freestyler
2' Download Magic 3D view
3' Install Magic to the FreeStyler Folder (C:Freestyler)
4' Unzip MEVP.Zip and copy the files (not the folder) in c:\freestyler..

Enjoy...
:fs:
starchild
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by starchild »

Thanks dodopas. Was tearing my hair out (what's left of it!) until I came across the golden nugget in your instructions... both Freestyler and Magic 3D Easy View must be installed into the same folder! No need to unzip MEVP.zip - it just worked straightaway. By default M3DEV was installing into it's own folder.

Oh, and don't forget to select the virtual interface as the interface in Freestyler setup.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”