These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

TCP/IP to Freestyler

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
tsenneville
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

TCP/IP to Freestyler

Post by tsenneville »

Greetings!
Can you help me? I have downloaded Freestyler, Freestyler TCP/IP Server and the TCP/IP app for my iPhone. I have established a connection between the iPhone and the Freestyler TCP/IP server but when I try to send a command to Freestyler (Toggle Blackout - FSOC002255) I get the following error message...
FSOC002255 Not a valid command! As the code I entered (FSOC002255) is one of the examples, I am at a loss as how to proceed.
If possible, could you sen me some examples of MACROs that I can try to see if they work.

Thanks in advance

Tony

tsenneville@earthlink.net

tsenneville

Re: TCP/IP to Freestyler

Post by tsenneville »

Sorry to be so dense but could youshow me how to build a macro from the list of available commands?

Thanks
tsenneville

Post by tsenneville »

I have a couple of questions about using TCP/IP remote with Freestyler:

1. I have figured out the communications protocol and have made contact with Freestyler from my iPhone but I am having a problem:
If I send a valid command (panLeft) to Freestyler as a Macro, all is OK and the Pan channel in the moving light changes value but when I
send the same command from the Terminal, the command is sent and captured by the Freestyler TCP/IP Server but nothing happens until
I send a Marco...any Macro, then the command is executed. Can you shed any light on this problem?

2. Is there a way to add more commands to Freestyler TCP/IP Server? I would like to be able to access all of the functions of a moving fixture.
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mattotone »

Use your devices Settings to toggle on CR, Line Feed or CR w/Line Feed can't rember which one thou!

2. No. Which commands do you require?
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
tsenneville

Post by tsenneville »

Greetings!

I have set the iPhone to generate a CR + linefeed as a Terminal Suffix and terminal command (ch 6 @ 100) still needs a macro sent after it to get any action. Any thoughts?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”