These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Exchange ficture file in existing location / programs

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
dssound
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Exchange ficture file in existing location / programs

Post by dssound »

Hi,
I do know how to cerate fixture files and I did create some of them for my own equipment. Unfortunately, for some of them I used existing fixture fies and changed them in fixture editor. With these I have now the following problem:
I did change the fixture name in fixture editor so they are nicely named within Freestyler now but I didn't change the filename itself. That means they now still have the original filename - let's assume a.flt for now.
Now I would like to change this filename so the are unique and are not overridden by any future import/install of frestyler and that I can remember them always. So let's assume I want to change the name to ds_a.flt.
The question now is: what will happen to my existing location/cues etc which where originally using a.flt? Is that not a problem as long as all dmx patching remains the same? Or is the file referenced within cues etc?
Any way to do this renaming? :?:
Thanks.

dssound
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Exchange ficture file in existing location / programs

Post by dssound »

Since nobody seemed to be able to answer this I have done my own testing. It seems to be no problem to delete the fixtures based on the missused ficture file and recreate them using the correct one as long as the dmx start adress remains and the new fixture file is compatible with the old one (i.e. it does have the same functions on the same dmx start adress offsets). It looks like freestyler is not needing a reference to the fixture file and is rather storing just the dmx information i the sequences.
This is still just a guess as my tests show a behavior that would fit that assumption. The sequence file itself is in binary fomat so I couldn't prove this assumption looking at the file itself.
If somebody knows it exactly (guess it would need to be one of the programmers) - I would still be interested to know,
At least - t solved my problem for now.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”