These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Intimidator 150 LED Panning Issue

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
angelvivaldi
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Intimidator 150 LED Panning Issue

Post by angelvivaldi »

Hey guys,

Been absorbing and learning a ton from your threads, (thanks!). I have two Intimidator 150 LED's running DMXis and wanted to run an issue by you fine lads. Almost certain that I have the correct fixture profile as well as all the parameters in the 11 channels seems to work just fine... minus this.

I'm having a problem getting the units to pan to a particular setting without spinning the long way around to get there. Seems they just wont move "left," when dead center. They have to go all the way around to get to the desired position.

I also noticed that the degrees/values are 000-255 (0-540 degrees). Is this because moving to the left would be considered a "negative value" which doesn't exist?

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Intimidator 150 LED Panning Issue

Post by Jan_K »

Hej

I am not sure that I understand you right but.

The control are an absolute value.
Imagine a fixture which have a pan of 180 deg. It will go 180 deg in 255 steps
0 will be in 0 deg position and 255 will be in 180 deg position

The fixture you have will turn 540 deg meaning it can turn more that a whole round (360 deg)
With 540 deg, and if you mount the fixture pointing backwards the you will still have 180 to both side where you can turn the fixture.

Turning the fixture will not be considered as a negative value because you don't subtract anything.
You go to an absolute value.

I think a way see what is going on is to open the output monitor and then see what values are send to the fixture.
If you use the sliders in right side of FreeStyler then you can control pan smoothly and in small steps (using + and -) see how it moves.

/Jan
angelvivaldi
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by angelvivaldi »

Much obliged, Jan!

I think this will help in explaining my situation much clearer =)

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Well you are trying to go from 0 to 255 in one step and that will make fixture going into orbit.

If you look at FreeStyler movement control instead of your faders then you will see that all movements are centered round 127, 127.
If the fixture file you are using are created correct then the blue ball should be in the center.
If not the default values for pan and tilt channel are wrong.
If you then open a shape then you will see that they are centered round 127, 127

So set pan to 127 and adjust Tilt until the light are pointing forwards.
Build you sequences round these values.

/Jan

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”