These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ADJ Mini Dekker pff [SOLVED]

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
seanzy8008
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

ADJ Mini Dekker pff [SOLVED]

Post by seanzy8008 »

I'm having a difficult time building a pff (fixture profile) for the ADJ Mini Dekker. I suppose because it is a fairly new product, it hasn't been added to the support forum pff package. Does anyone have this profile and willing to share it? I got the ssl2 file from ADJ; however, that doesn't help at all when you need pff. I've attached the user manual for reference.. Thanks! :fs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jorgens
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.0

Re: ADJ Mini Dekker pff

Post by Jorgens »

I'm going to tag along for this one. I'm have difficulties as well.
seanzy8008

Post by seanzy8008 »

I got in contact with a Freestyler rep and he says he's going to work on this. I tried using the original ADJ_Dekker as a template, but the channels are set up completely different and there's actually 9 total. My problem is the terminology contradiction between the fixture creator and the dmx table in the manual.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej
I think you are doing this more complicated then it actually is.

There are a lot of tutorials on the FreeStyler wiki.
And to be honest in Fixture Creator you are to set the total no of channel to 9, set 4 color channels, a Strobe and a dimmer channel.

Then you have a motor control channel which if you do nothing will be on the right-side sliders or you can place it on the effect or gobo fade.

Finally you have a color selection which if you want to use it, then can be placed on the color wheel.

Why not place what you can figure out, the export the fixture, upload it here and we will guide you.

/Jan
Jorgens
Just started using FS

Post by Jorgens »

To the OP, I managed to create one for this fixture but it's on the laptop in the band wagon. I'll gladly share it via e-mail if you shoot me a PM with your email... It was as simple as Jan K mentioned
seanzy8008

Post by seanzy8008 »

I ended up getting charged $37 USD for this one fixture... I just got it this morning and plan to try it out tonight. Hopefully it works pefectly, other wise I'll be hitting you up for your version of the fixture profile, Jorgens. Regardless, if it does work, I'll share it with the group just because I'm cool like that.

Jan_K: I watched a bunch of tutorials on the FreeStyler fixture creator and not one of them helped with this particular fixture because it's actually kind of unique in that it doesn't really have gobo's (by definition) yet you have to set it up as if it does. Also, there's a lot of Macros that need to be configured and there wasn't much of an explaination on how to create those from scratch either. I could be completely out of line and just not looking in the right place, so if I am and you have a link to a good tutorial on building fixtures from scratch, we would all appreciate the link because new fixtures come out all the time and it's a good skill set to have when adapting to the advancing industry.
Jorgens
Just started using FS

Post by Jorgens »

Ya, so I'm set everything up again to make sure i have all the bugs worked out and somethings wrong. I can't get my dekkers to do anything today.. Ready to beat my head in a wall, it's not that complicated of a fixture to build. But I'm so new at all this it could be anything.... I appreciate the sharing.. I'm about ready to spring for a adj stinger and ill share cause im the same way...lol
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

I think you are focusing the wrong way.

Instead of looking on the things you can't figure out then try the things you can do.

Here is a tutorial which shows how the color controls are to be done.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... can:arc2_s

When you have done this and you can see that it works as you expect then we can take the next step.

/Jan
seanzy8008

Post by seanzy8008 »

Thanks Jan! I like this article and think it will help! Do you have anything that helps explain the macro formulas? My chauvet 4 bar has a bunch of useful macros compared to the rest of my plain fixtures. Seems like you could use the macros window as like a preset scene, specific for each fixture or group of like fixtures.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

There are a lot of tutorials on the wiki and some of them covers macros and formulas.

Just look at the wiki.
seanzy8008

Post by seanzy8008 »

Will do! Thanks!
seanzy8008

Post by seanzy8008 »

Mini Dekker.pff
Here's the profile I paid for.. nothing special but it works perfectly!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djharryg
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3635
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: ADJ Mini Dekker pff [SOLVED]

Post by djharryg »

I noticed that the fixture file posted here doesn't give you any control of the motion of the beams. The motor inside the fixture can't be controlled.
http://www.HG-Entertainment.com
Interface: Velleman VM116 - K8062 or DMXking ultraDMX Micro
Freestyler: V3.6.35
Laptop: Asus eecpc 120GB HD, 2GB RAM or Alienware Laptop
glafont69

Re: ADJ Mini Dekker pff [SOLVED]

Post by glafont69 »

Please find attached that modified pff file that is working for me.
Open in fixture creator then find "mini dekker_gui" in Freestyler

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”