These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Help with Chauvet Intimidator 150 spot led [SOLVED]

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
TeaBa99er
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Help with Chauvet Intimidator 150 spot led [SOLVED]

Post by TeaBa99er »

Dont know if im doing something wrong. I have read the manuals, read the Wiki, and watch Video tutorials. Im using windows 7 64 bit with enttec pro with 2 Chauvet Intimidator 150 spot leds . Ive tried just using only one Intimidator, still nothing really. it works with my Obey 40 and in auto mode. the macros sorta work when using FS , what i mean is i can get the lights to turn on and strobe but with no control, and only a white light .. no colors or gobos

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Help with Chauvet Intimidator 150 spot led

Post by spud1511 »

Are you certain you loaded the right fixture profile for your light?
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Yes I loaded the right one. i have managed to get a little more control out of the profile. i just not getting any colors or gobos. I can just strobe and move my heads. i reading up on how to make my own fixture profiles so i can see just how this all works. im thinking ever who created this profile just profile that im using left stuff out or he built it just to strobe.. I hope i figure it out though. i will stay up all night tonight playing around with fixture creator
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7

Post by spud1511 »

Ok, the only reason I asked is because There was this chauvet intimidator 150 http://www.hollywooddj.com/chauvetmodel ... ot150.html (old discontinued one), and the newer led 150 which many shops are selling at the moment.
Just thought the 2 could get easily mixed up if you were selecting profile from its name.
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

I went through and looked at the profile that I downloaded from FS downloads and created my own and they seemed to be the same. So what I did next was download and tried out Martin M-pc and I got it work with it, but I really want to use FS. Maybe I'll pay someone to create my profile and see what the out come is.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej

If you pack the fixture file as a pff file and upload it here with the usermanual for the fixture then it may be a bit easier to help you.

Also note that you have the slider in left side of FreeStyler and with then you change the channel values direct.
With these sliders you should be able to shift color and gobos even if there are an error in the color or gobo wheel control
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Thank you. I'm out of town until Sunday night. I will upload the profile when I get home. I have used the sliders on the right to adjust pan/tilt color ect, I get the same results
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Intimidator LED Spot 150 (11 ch)A.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

TeaBa99er wrote:
Intimidator LED Spot 150 (11 ch)A.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Again

If you are not able to control colors and gobos with the sliders in the right side of FreeStyler (Wrote Left side in the post above sorry)
Then the problem is not in the file because it sets the value direct channel.

Either is the channel not correct or there are an error in the communication between the DMX dongle and the fixture. Could be update rate timing.

If you open the output monitor then you can see what FS sends on the channel.

/Jan
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

I just had a look in the fixture file.

The Pan and Tilt 16 bit is set to 0 should be channel 3 and 4.

This should how ever not be the problem but change them as I don't know what FS does with a channel 0 definition.
PT_Fine.jpg
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Thanks Jan for helping me. . I have the fixture on channel 1 and FS on channel 1. My enttec pro is up to date on firmware and newest driver, The pro manager to check signals is working as its supposed to.i havee used it on other controller software. The out put monitor in FS shows no communication for colors hobos ect
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

I did has you said for the pan and tilt also yesterday after I read up on what 8 bit and 16 bit meant ;) 16 bit is for fine tilt and fine pan
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Have you updated the fixture file.
Changed Pan 16 bit to channel 3 and Tilt 16 bit to channel 4.

If so and it still don't work then you can try this fixture.
There is nothing to it only 11 sliders it must work.
Generic_11_Channel_Fixture.pff
You shall be able to see changes on the output monitor with that one.

/Jan
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Yes I changed the to channel 3 and 4 yesterday, it made no difference, I'll download this new generic file on Sunday when I get home and see what it does. I will let you know the out come
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

TeaBa99er wrote:Yes I changed the to channel 3 and 4 yesterday, it made no difference, I'll download this new generic file on Sunday when I get home and see what it does. I will let you know the out come
But I did leave as 3 and 4 because that is the correct way
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

With the generic fixture you should be able to see changes on all 11 channals in the output monitor.
If not, then I am a bit lost in what you have that blocks the output.

You may have to delete it in the registration DB and make a reset in the ini file or eventually make a reinstallation.

Spirit@: If you are monitoring this topic do you have any idea.?

/Jan
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Ya me to. I have my fire wall tuned completely off and I have no Antivirus programs.. i have read on freestyler for a couple of weeks before I got into this dmx stuff and ordering my fixtures. I mean this stuff isnt rocket science if you know what I mean.. I'm just stumped. I have 2 other fixtures Chauvet derby X . Pretty simple lights I'll hook them up also when I get home and see if those function correctly
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Well you don't need fixture or DMX dongle to test this out.
Just set the Interface to "Virtual Interface" for both universes and then you should be able to see the SW running on the output monitor.

When you see the output that the values are changing on the output monitor then FS is running as it is suppose to and you can connect your fixture.

I have it running with fire wall and antivirus "on" with no problems and that is the way it is suppose to run.

/Jan
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Ok I will try this virtual interface. I will get back with you
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

I just made a images of the output monitor of the fixture you uploaded.

It works on all the fixture control panels and the Right side sliders.
As you can see the value on the slider and output monitor are the same.

PT_OUTPUT_Monitor.jpg
/Jan
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Ok i'm back. I tried this with the output monitor and it is working with the right side sliders and showing the values but still not sending dmx signals to my fixture. Using the Enttec Pro with Pro Manager and other Controller software sending dmx signal is no problem. I have uninstalled FS and reinstalled FS and still nothing.
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

Just tried the generic profhe file and i get the same results as the Chauvet Intimidator 150 spot led profile. I just checked in my device manager and my dongle is on on port com3 so how do i check this in FS? dont know if that will make a difference
djdaddydog
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Post by djdaddydog »

hey guys, just started using freestyler this week and man it's frustrating! ... until i realized i had incorrect values on the fixture file. so i played around with tea bagger's file and fixed the colors & gobos the best that i could...give it a try and let me know

took me a while just to attach it. .rar was the only way i didn't get an upload error
TeaBa99er

Post by TeaBa99er »

thanks ill try it

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”