These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Martin MX-10 Extreme Fixture

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Monthlymixcd
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Martin MX-10 Extreme Fixture

Post by Monthlymixcd »

I've searched high and low on here and cannot find an accurate fixture for this light. I can operate it with my Elation Operator 192 hardware controller but the way that I run my light show for my band it is VERY time consuming to program my one scanner (the MX-10) to use with our rig. Once I overcome the Freestyler X2 learning curve, I will have everything programmed and operated from my ThinkPad. But for now I just want to run everything but the MX-10 from my hardware controller (or more likely have a friend run it since I'm also running sound for a 12-piece band at the same time) and will run the MX-10 from the laptop... and likely use the free Android app to control it on the laptop over a wifi connection.

Using the default MX-10 fixture in X2, it would seem that most of the features are accurately controlled... but it's hard to know for sure since the shutter control is incorrect. For starters in fixture creator the shutter control is defined as CH13... which is not correct. Ch1 on the MX-10 Extreme actually controls this function... as well as strobing, etc. The light will not open the shutter using the default fixture in X2 therefore. I am going to try and correct this myself using Fixture Creator, but as I said... I'm new to Freestyler. Anyway, Here's a link to the manual for the light. If someone could post a corrected fixture for me to use by next Thursday evening (we're doing a BIG charity fundraiser) I'd be SUPER grateful. Thanks in advance...

http://www.martin.com/Martin.Download.a ... e_EN_E.pdf

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Martin MX-10 Extreme Fixture

Post by Jan_K »

Hej

I just had a look in the manual and the fixture and there are as you say some errors and it can be improved

Don't be afraid to Fixture Creator. It is not that difficult.

As you say shutter are to be on channel 1.
I can see in the manual that there are more special function on the shutter channel. If I was to redo this fixture then I would delete the macros and then start adding them for the shutter.

When you have your first attempt on the shutter then "export" it to pff file and upload it here then I will try to guide you. Next week are vacation time here in DK so I am not sure how much I will be checking on the forum.

There are some help to find here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/welcome

/Jan
Monthlymixcd
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Monthlymixcd »

Jan - Thanks for the quick reply! I played around with Fixture Creator and ended up having to assign the shutter open value as 240. I tried other lower values from the Martin protocol for Ch1 chart for "shutter open" that didn't work... and let there be light!

I also fixed the strobing and remapped the gobos to the order that they are in my machine. I haven't deleted the macros yet... and I'll have to assign new ones once I figure out how to do that.

For now, I can work it well enough to do the show next week. It should add quite a bit to the performance and the event overall. Here's the event BTW:

I'm so glad I figured this out. Had I not also had the Operator 192 to verify that all channels worked, I might have given up on this "project light" and sold it for parts on eBay. As it was, I found it with a blown lamp, and no mirror in a local pawn shop and bought it as-is for $20. Bought a new cap, bulb, mirror, and ignitor (<$100 total invested) and was prepared to be heartbroken and just hope to get my money back from the parts if it just wouldn't respond to DMX control, but it DID!

Thanks again! I'll post my work-in-progress pff file as soon as I can.

ROy
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

You can eventually try this one.
Martin_MX_10_Extreme_13ch.pff
/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”