These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Geyser RGB

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
kemper
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Chauvet Geyser RGB

Post by kemper »

I've tried creating a fixture for the geyser RGB but have not had any luck with it. Due to the combination of light and fog machine in one. Any and all help with this will be greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Chauvet Geyser RGB

Post by Jan_K »

Hej kemper

You just create it as a combined fixture.

An one channel fog machine and a 7 channel RGB light fixture.

You then add them in FreeStyler by placing the fog fixture first and then the light fixture. They will then cover all 8 channels

/Jan
kemper

Post by kemper »

Thanks for the info Jan! Will play with it again tonight and see what I can figure out. Update to follow.
kemper

Post by kemper »

Finally! Here is my program I created. The only issue is that number one is coded as red but is the fog machine. Works for me and will work for this fixture all with one unit. Could not figure out how to get the fog machine on a separate unit. Thanks for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Kemper

Here is an alternative way to make this fixture.

I have split it in two.

First a 1 channel fog machine so you get the fog functionality.
Sec. a 7 channel RGB fixture (Color mixing are placed on the color wheel).

You first add the fog part and then RGB part in total they covers all 8 channel.
Also have a look in Fixture creator so you can see how I made it. :)
Chauvet_Geyser_Fog_8ch.pff
Chauvet_Geyser_RGB_8ch.pff
/Jan
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

Would it be easier to use a couple of macro buttons?
Like smoke ON, smoke OFF, and maybe a 50% smoke.

Then if you wanted to expand the macros you could also put a value in other columns like smoke + red, or smoke + strobe or whatever.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej spud 1511.

When you use the fog fixture then FreeStyler give you some timer and level functions which can be handy if you want a constant fog density.

If you just use a macro you have to manually operate it or make a bit more difficult programming.

We sometimes use it when we have our lasers in the setup.
We then want a low density which are sufficient to see the whole laser setup and not just have a cloud blocking the stage.

There are many ways to realize this and in the end it is what suits you best that counts.

/Jan
kemper

Post by kemper »

I looked at it and it cleared about 2 hours of confusion up for me. Thank you! Yours works better than the one I created but I will get there with practice. The only thing I have to get used to is the clicking off of the fixture and clicking back to the fog machine when I want for and then swapping back to the light when I want to mix it. If you have both highlighted and turn the red light on it turns the fog on as well. Just something to get used to. Thanks again!
CRS65
FreeStyler Version: 3645
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by CRS65 »

I have tried both ways of creating this fixture and would prefer a single fixture than the split fixture. I have gone down the macro route but for the fog effect I have to manually switch on and off the fog. As you can imagine this is not very practical with the Chauvet Geyser RGB (powerful fog jet).

I would like to have the macro buttons as flash buttons, i.e. only on when the button is pressed, like the fog button option in the menu.

Can anyone help with this?.

Attached is my version of the fixture.

Many thanks
bartlettdj
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by bartlettdj »

Has anyone updated a fixture for the newer Geyser P5 that is 10 channels instead of the old 8 channel? We are very new to this and have not figured out how to program yet. The single fixture above works to activate the fog, but the light channels have changed, so the other fixture does not. Can anyone help with this?
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

Can you post a link to the user manual or upload a PDF? That will help.
bartlettdj
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by bartlettdj »

Thanks, here is a link to the manual.

https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/up ... ev1_WO.pdf
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thank you for the link.

Attached are 3 fixture definitions.

This one will control all functions of the Geyser P5. However, Freestyler will NOT recognize the fixture as a Fogger and thus will not enable the Fogger control programming window.
Chauvet_Geyser_P5.pff
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These two, used together, will also control all functions of the Geyser P5. Freestyler WILL recognize the Chauvet_GeyserP5fog as a Fogger and enable the Fogger control window.
You must ensure the channel assignments are correct.
Add the P5fog fixture first, specifying the channel you configured in the physical instrument.
Then add the P5LEDs, specifying the starting channel as the next higher channel than what you specified for the P5fog fixture (e. P5fog channel 11, P5LEDs channel 12).
Chauvet_GeyserP5fog.pff
Chauvet_GeyserP5LEDs.pff
For the P5LEDs click on the Freestyler top menu item Window->All to open the helpful programming windows. When the P5fog fixture is selected the Fogger control window may be selected from the top menu.

Unfortunately the manual gives no specifics on the channel 7 Color Macro. If you will provide details I may be able to update the fixture definition with a color wheel or macros.

Your feedback will be appreciated.
ivis77
FreeStyler Version: x2

Post by ivis77 »

Thank you for the fixture's, we are using two of them during our shows with the band, the idea is to link them to a midi track in ableton which goes along with the click and sampletrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWpCYp1QdrM
I linked one midi channel to the fog output and it is working, but in this huge list of midi setup in freestyler setup i can not find red-green-blue-amber and uv, i found strobe but it doesn't work. any idea which function i need to use for those?

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”