These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Issue with sky laser

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
sbanim76
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Issue with sky laser

Post by sbanim76 »

hi guys,
i'm brand new in the Freestyler world and I had to start by creating a fixture which was not in the main list (and official add ons) : Nicols Sky Laser.
This is a nice sky laser, green & red, fairly easy to set up as a new fixture, but for some reason, the channel 2 & 3 of the laser are moved to channel 3 & 4 with Freestyler.
This woul not be so annoying if the original channel 4 was not merged with the channel 3.
To make myself clear, here is what the laser is supposed to do :
ch1 : choose DMX, Auto or Music
ch2 : choose rotation of laser beams
ch3 : choose speed of rotation
ch4 : choose speed of strobe with beams
ch5 : choose wether to display red, green or both beams.

This is what Freestyler does :
ch1 : choose DMX, Auto or Music (same)
ch2 : nothing (????)
ch3 : choose rotation of laser beams
ch4 : choose speed of rotation AND speed of strobe with beams (merging 2 channels)
ch5: nothing (????)
ch6: (that's ok)
ch7 : choose wether to display red, green or both beams.

Any idea why it does that ????
I'm including my fixture as attachement.

Thanks for your help :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spud1511
FS is my life

Re: Issue with sky laser

Post by spud1511 »

The file you created is 7 channels,
you havent assigned anything to channel 2 or 5.

Try this file, strobe is under normal strobe control, colour selection under colour, rotation speed under prism rotation (and also some presets for selecting direction, or direction with a speed) in macros to help with quick programming - you can change values to suit whatever speeds you want). Everything else cleared out and put on macro buttons.

Hope this helps, as even if you need to tweak it, it should help you figure out what your doing with it all!
NICOLS_SkyLaser (untested).pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sbanim76
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by sbanim76 »

Hi Spud thanks for this reply, i'll test later today.

yes indeed my fixture was set as 7 channels to get all channels working and identify where was channel 5 when I built the fixture as a 5 channels fixture. I built it first with 5 channels, including channel 2, 3 & 4 set correctly but when i tried it, i found that channel 2 was not doing anything and was moved to channel 3, channel 3 moved to 4 and merged with 4.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej spud1511

I imported the fixture but it looks like all images in the macros are just a green dot icon.
The icons are green dot but with different names.

Can you please check it by importing the pff file you generated.

Before you do it then check the fxt once again and see that the macro images are correct and then export it in an other name.
I got many icons overwritten with a green dot.

(If you compare the two fixture in this topic the first is 28K your are only 8K)

/Jan
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Your right.... Very strange

A lot of the pictures are/were pre existing ones and some I made and used for other fixtures, I haven't ever seen that happen before, so I can only assume there was some kind of bug with the export process within the fixture creator that caused it to write the last loaded colour image over the macro images. Or the fact I adapted a pre-existing fixture file instead of starting fresh? Who knows?

Anyway, sbanim76 the macros are; (on the left)
blackout, DMX mode, Auto (sound), Auto

(On the right)
CW slow, CW medium, CW fast, CW direction, Rotation reset,
CCW slow, CCW medium, CCW fast, CCW direction.

The direction only button does what it says on the tin, it will keep the previous speed or precise speed set in the prism rotation window so your not limited to just the 3 presets.

If you can confirm the buttons actually work as intended (bearing in mind I have no proper dmx chart to work from) I will reload the images from my other pc and post a new 'final tested' file with reloaded proper images once you confirm it is otherwise good and working. Can't say fairer than that.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej again

I can't verify your fixture.

I only collect and check the uploaded fixtures before adding them to the post with the total fixture library.

Regarding the Fixture Creator then I have also experienced that it fail doing the export. Normally there are an illegal char somewhere but it is almost impossible to find.
If you try to export it again it normally goes right.

If it works then please upload the new pff.

I will raise a low priority bug report on your fixture so Raphael have a chance to search for fail patterns.

By the way have you destroyed any of the old icons and do you need a backup of any let me know and I will see if I can find them.

/Jan
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

I also have a backup copy of freestyler on my laptop I can copy graphics from, so hopefully as soon as the OP (spanim76) confirms the actual channels and functions are correct I will resubmit it.

The request to verify the fixtures functions (apart from graphics) was aimed at the user spanim76 who has the actual fixture to test it with, sorry if I worded that badly before as I was busy sorting stuff out for tonight's gig when I wrote that.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”