These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Radius 2.0 Profile?

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Chauvet Radius 2.0 Profile?

Post by Nathanrs93 »

It's more than likely not been made yet or it might be in the new downloads of our fixture library. If you have the manual for it and upload it then we can help you make a fixture for it.

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta

Post by Jan_K »

The DMX table is corrupted.
0 to 255 on all setting :o(
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

A profile can be made, but you need the correct table. Maybe if you contact chauvet they can fix the slip up in the manual.

Eg ch1 should be split into ranges of numbers, such as
0-10 = no function
11-20 = red rotation,
21-30 = green rotation,
Etc, etc.

The whole of channel 1 will be 0-255, but each line inside channel 1 will have a number range that won't necessarily be in 10s that was just an example, but will have a range of numbers to allow a margin of error so people using a small hardware controller with faders can select that range.
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

There's several ways you could do it.

I would suggest creating a small picture (or finding a suitable one in the premade ones) for all the channel 1 lines 'no function', 'rotate red', etc. and filling them in as gobo's. This would allow you to set channel 2 as 'gobo rotation' and channel 3 as strobe. Meaning except for strobing all the main functions and rotation speed can be controlled together in the one gobo window within freestyler, should help keep it as simple as possible to control and program further down the line.

I can write out a step by step if you need, just let me know.
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Im feeling generous!!

If it works and your happy and really wanna show appreciation donate to Raph!! (General freestyler donation)
Seems almost unthinkable but the freestyler software you are using all comes from that guy (with some very good addons from others on these forums - mattotone springs to mind).

Seriously I cant even imagine how many thousands of hours must have gone into freestyler just to give it away for free, so I will happily do my little bit now and again as it pales into insignificance compared to the sacrifice of time and energy others have made.
Chauvet Radius 2.0 (draft).pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Well if you get it tweaked and tested properly you could always submit it as a tested file so it's there for others in the future. Obviously without owning the fixture I can't do that!
But glad your all working and happy.
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

emailpani@gmail.com wrote:I donated to show my thanks. In your time could you look at this laser for me too? Thanks again
Er not from that I can't. That's the chauvet radius file.
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Have a go, lasers are a real PITA to setup, especially Kam ones, as they don't use the pan & tilt channel to just pan & tilt so you end up with all the movement set from the top left quarter of the pan/tilt window and the rest of it is used for continuous scrolling, and you have 32 patterns/pics that aren't shown on that page.
If you can attempt to create a basic profile with at least the gobo pictures filled in (so I have something to work from) then I will happily do what I can.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

emailpani@gmail.com wrote:I will try definitely however as you say it's very complicated. I may just pay for the service which a guy offers here. For 15 quid odd it's a big headache relived. Do you know this guy is he reliable? I will happily share the finished file with you for your records too. The great thing is when this is done it should with a few tweaks support all the kam lasers.
Yes, DJ Support is really good when building fixtures and all the money comes back to support the forum anyway. So if you really want it doing properly and professionally you should see him, he also does discounts if you have more than one fixture that needs doing I believe.

Here read this
http://www.ctwo12.com/freestyler-fixtures/
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

It's pretty much there, the only things I couldn't do was;
a) test all the functions actually work correctly - as I don't own the fixture
b) maybe tweak the strobe values to whatever looks more usable in real world, as that involves seeing it operate in real life to see what you think is a good slow/med/fast settings.
c) you could use prettier button graphics like drawing rotation arrows over colours if you really wanted - but I probably wouldn't bother as I usually try and keep it as straightforwards and simple to use as possible.

I do have a Kam link laser profile I am in the process of updating from an old version of freestyler (fixture creator setup changed since then). But you would have to update all the pattern pictures if they are different!

So if you don't mind waiting you are welcome to it, otherwise I have never heard of any issues with the paid for ones, and maybe quicker, especially if it's urgent.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Jan_K wrote:The DMX table is corrupted.
0 to 255 on all setting :o(
I noticed that, the quick guide has the correct settings and I've also contacted chauvet about that :)

emailpani@gmail.com now has the pff. :fs:
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

iLink RGY.pff
Hi,
This is 'untested' version that I have just copied from an old fixture file (from really old freestyler install) that was good and working, so I think it should be fine.
The only issues with it was that the pan/tilt only use the top left quarter of the pan/tilt window. I chose to do it this way because it meant that I could still use movements effects generator by using the shape button to shrink the shapes down. I couldn't have the 'full' pan/tilt window movement on screen due to the odd way kam designed the dmx functions, and the limitations of the freestyler fixture creator which seems geared towards traditional moving heads / scanners / etc. I set up a 'non existant' shutter as well just so that the freestyler blackout function knows to send a zero value to the right channel to trigger blackout mode.

The focus control in the beam window is also supplemented with some macros for the 'endless zoom' and in & out zoom 'bounce' effect.

To try and keep it simple I also ignored the reverse direction for the X & Y axis rolling since to the casual observer the 'rotation' is just a squeese & stretch (3 speeds plus reset in macro's) and the Z axis 'normal' rotation is in gobo window's rotation with the patterns which, like the pan and tilt, first half of slider is 'absolute position', and the second half is a 'rotation speed'.

Sounds a lot to take in, but easiest to have a play and see for yourself! Obviously this is from my kam ilink, not your kam XY so you may need to change pattern pictures, etc. should probably also note the single colour version 'identical' laser is different again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Good stuff Spud1511,
As you have the same type of laser you can create the ultimate laser profile for this light, Pani was warned if he paid for my services they are non refundable and in my T&C's it states I can never make an all singing all dancing profile as I don't have the fixture myself. and as other posters have mentioned lasers require alot of workarounds as natively FS does not support them. Because I pre warned him and he's paying for my time (a few hours wasted and only charged once it's ready) and waking up to a really f**kin rude email and posts here, he has summarily been banned. Sorry if that's wasted your time spud, but this guy doesn't deserve any help free or paid. :(
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

he was threatening to post what I had done so ill do it for him bear in mind i dont own the light!

warning :
Go for it before I change my mind! Please! If you can do now great mate

Sent by Pani, A1 Pc Dr using Android mobile

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 4:08 pm, Adam Collins <adam-collins@outlook.com> wrote:

Bear in mind the fee is non refundable, but I've had no complaints so far from other laser fixtures, the fixture allows you easy access to functions but then you have to do the programming or just press a button for sound to light
Regards,
then his upset, bear in mind any fixture with the correct amount of channels will give full control! just not user friendly!

So dont fucking charge people to do it then lol. I paid you! Tell you what I'll post your fixture on forum under huge title showing everyone your fixture yes?

Sent by Pani, A1 Pc Dr using Android mobile

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 6:03 am, Adam Collins <adam-collins@outlook.com> wrote:

If you read the terms and conditions he owns a similar light with the same control setup, I don't own your light I can only do so much as stated in such conditions.
Regards,
Adam Collins (djSupport) - CTWO12 Services
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

and threatening!
Banned lol. Fool, piss off. I have a vpn so will continue to use your forum and I will keep posting shit about you. Your are a fucking thief and I know It won't help but I'm reporting you to PayPal and I'll try every possible way to out your crooky fixture on new to see.
Fuck your time I paid for it idiot.
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

i'm ranting now lol!
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Fair enough. We will be sure to keep an eye out Adam.
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

+1 Nathan,

he keeps trying to use a vpn to access forum without success he's calmed down abit now and I've just sent him some information to hopefully get him off my case!
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

You can't win them all.
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Wow.... just wow.

I look like a lunatic talking to myself now his posts have been deleted! lol

I actually had to make a couple of changes to iLink laser profile after that, as there were a couple of fast/slow movement macros that were correct by logic from the dmx chart, but backwards on the laser itself. Is it still worth me uploading in case anyone else might need it? Since I only recall seeing someone attempted a single colour one, but not multicolour unless it was done since I last looked.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

If you have created fixtures which has not been uploaded yet then please upload them.

I collect them and add them to a zip file which I update each 2 months.
It is the post with the complete library.

/Jan
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Yes agreed upload them for the benefit of everyone...
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

If you guys want to play more around with this fixture then I have the gobos / patterns here.

Place them under Gobos in a subfolder Kam.
Kam_Gobos.zip
/Jan
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

They have uploaded the lasers (with jan_k's improved gobo images) to the user created fixtures area here viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6191
Since this thread is just a little bit off from the original topic. lol

is it worth me putting the original radius one up on that section of forum too? since he did confirm it was working before the drama started. or would you just take that one from this thread?
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

only the improved version or the top rated version if not we end up with 50 of the same file of varying quality ;)

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”