These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sequence Locks on programs and strobe [SOLVED]

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Jeremy Lembo
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Sequence Locks on programs and strobe [SOLVED]

Post by Jeremy Lembo »

Hello and good day;
I have a DJ Light Supply LED PAR 64. It's a RGBW fixture and its an 8 channel DMX unit. 1 red, 2 green, 3 blue, 4 white, 5 speed/strobe, 6 programmed colors, 7 programs, 8 programs/sound active

Essentially, I can create some cue's and have many of the color switching patterns play great. as part of the sequence I wanted to have some fixtures go sound active. When I make a sequence that is sound active and insert it into the sequencer, I can play the color change ones and then when I click on sound active it does play sound active but.... when I click on the other color change sequences, it continues to play sound active and will not start the color change. I have to manually drag the channel 8 fader over to 0.

in order to fix the issue, I need to restart freestyler and click on the color change cue's.

do you think this is a problem with the creation of the fixture or is this something common with using the internal programming of fixtures?

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Sequence Locks on programs and strobe

Post by spud1511 »

In all your other sequences you need to set channel 5,6,7,8 to zero - or whatever default you need to turn off sound active, strobe, etc. and make sure they are selected by choosing the dmx value of zero but also setting the button beside the values to 'SNAP' instead of off.
Otherwise you have turned on sound active by giving a value on these channels, but left the channel transparent on the other sequences that start so they don't know to turn it back off again.
Jeremy Lembo

Post by Jeremy Lembo »

Thanks, I will give it a try n see what happens. :-)
Jeremy Lembo

Post by Jeremy Lembo »

So, I am still having issues and could use the help

I created a few sequences and updated the fixture file. I changed the snap/fade/off and transparent to static settings. Here is an example.

I have 2 PAR 64 LED fixtures. Fixture 1, address 1 and Fixture 2, address 9.

I created a few simple sequences and one more complex.
Sequence 1 - Fixture 1 fade open to a solid color, Fixture 2 Off
Sequence 2 - Fixture 1 10 color change/fade every second and Fixture 2 Off
Sequence 3 - Fixture 1 10 color change/fade every second and Fixture 2 Strobing with a color macro.

I can play back sequence 1 and 2 and 2 and 1 with no issues. When I play sequence 3, it plays just fine but, when I click on sequence 1 or 2, Fixture 1 does what it needs to do but, Fixture 2 stays on the Macro. In order to get Fixture 2 to stop strobing and changing colors I need to manually drag over the fader for the strobe and the macro and then I have the Override icon showing.

Do you think this is normal or is there an issue with the settings for the fixture file so it resets?
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi
Could you upload the fixture file in .pff format and the manual as a .pdf, so we can take a look for you?

Regards
Nathan
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

hi

oke i think i see the issue your having.
first of all look is this feature is enabled.
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/s ... references "Cue Multiselect always enabled"
with this featue you can playback more then one Sequnece at the time.
now delete seq. 3 and only create seq. 3 with Fixture 2 (Strobe and Color macro) do not add fixture 2 to it.
also enable http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/p ... k_sequence "Restore DMX values when sequence stopped" (its a Arrow that point back the fift one) now if you stop a Sequence the DMX channels will go back to the default setting "0" and therefore it will stop strobing.

PS: dont use Channel 6,7,8 this only makes everything much harder. why use Color marcos if you have a RGB channel. just set Channel 6,7,8 to SNAP Value"0" on every Sequence you make.

and the above example is from your example.
i would just create a override button and disabled or enable Strobe from a button. makes it way easyer.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Jeremy Lembo

Post by Jeremy Lembo »

Cool deal... I will look at this later on today.

I will try and post the fixture file, and pdf and sequence later as well.

appreciate the help. This is a cool program, even for a guy that is not a big DMX guy. very easy to use. :-)
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

From your description it is almost certainly just a case of making sure sequence 1 and 2 have the channels I mentioned before set to 'SNAP' value of zero. It sounds like you have done this successfully with first light, just need to copy those snap to zero values onto light 2, etc.

If you imagine a line of faders, one for each channel of each light, then when you launch sequence 3 it pushes the faders for strobe or whatever up. When you launch sequence 1 or 2 it needs to push them back down to turn strobe or preset back off. This is why all the fixtures need to be set with the preset stuff snap to zero. This is also why it works between sequence 1 & 2 as if they don't push the faders up then they don't need to go back down, but it's still a good idea to tell them to, just to make sure they go down if they need to.

If you think you have set this then in the sequence editor deselect all fixtures and only select one light at a time, then deselect that and select the next one, to see if this is actually the the case.
Jeremy Lembo

Post by Jeremy Lembo »

Well.... It looks like the Override buttons win! Woohoo!

I double checked all the settings and I had the multi-select enabled along with the restore default value. That setting was already enabled. The sequence works in the Cue when I played it but.., in the sequencer itself, those macro and strobe functions would just latch on. Once I created the Override buttons it immediately started working properly and the override buttons work as described. Talk about Relief from Frustration! :-)

I did a test run with 2 pars and a motion light. All with 3 different addresses and everything seemed to work just fine. There were some glitches at points in time but, hit the Override and BAM! fixed. :-)

Thanks a ton! now to create more sequenced.

Thanks a lot you guys for the help!

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”