These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Pan/Tilt problem

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
allmedia
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Pan/Tilt problem

Post by allmedia »

Hello..
i'm new here so hope you help me out ;)

I own Futurelight SC-240 scanners. I use JMS USB2DMX interface and until now everything was working perfect.
One week ago I reinstall OS on my PC because of HDD failure. I install FreeStyler and setup everything as was before. Now Pan/Tilt movement makes me crazy.
When I manual move mirror it follows me and then suddenly goes their own way.. like its crazy :/ left, right, it's twitching a little...

I tried everything.. reinstall, reseting scanners,... nothing :(
Anyone has any idea? Pls....

Maybe too new version of FreeStlyer and old Usb2Dmx driver... that cross my mind.
Thank you..
Erik

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Re: Pan/Tilt problem

Post by Spirit »

hi i'm not sure what it can be..

but last week i had the same with a Club...
and it took me 2 days to found out where the issue came from.

If i used my own Cabels everything worked OK and if i pluged in the Cables from the club some of the lights got a Life of there own...flashing and moving out of nothing.

but after the 2 days i noticed a Cable that runs underneed the DJbooth, and the DJbooth had is Own Wheel to be moved around. and one of the Cables was stuck underneed a Wheel..
and that causes all the issues.

So to get back to your quastion ;) take a good look at the cables your useing...

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
jdmyers
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by jdmyers »

Yes, could be "bad" cables, or lack of a terminator.

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago, after adding a few new lights to the rig, and adding a pair of wireless DMX receivers and a transmitter:

I had one (intermittently) bad cable (no reason it should have gone "bad" as it's always been wired in on the tree). Didn't notice it except when I didn't have terminators on, then I would get problems depending on where it was in the chain, where all lights before and after it would act up. After splitting the trees using the wireless, the problem only occurred on the one leg/split.

So, I pulled the terminators off and went backwards through each fixture, just pulling the cables out of the IN on each fixture in turn, until -LO!- that one cable would always cause the problem. Swapped it out, and no problems since.

So now I have it all back on wireless, with one transmitter at FOH/ FS Console, one receiver on each of my back trees, and now just have to loop around from tree 1 upstage right to the front trees/floor cans, where it gets terminated on the last fixture (just because it's a good idea) of that loop; same on the other side, getting rid of a lot of cable running from one side of the stage to the other. A DMX splitter could have helped with this, but not having to run a separate wire (or through the snake) from FOH is nice at load-out time (expecially if you still need "work lights") as well as the fact that each new wireless node will just add another port to the "wireless splitter".

Working on getting a few more receivers now, one for each tree, so I'll only have to jump cables to nearby floor cans, etc. Only problem: each wireless node *could* have been another LED light, for the money. Ah, the price of convenience...

Now if only I could get hold of Nikola Tesla's secret of wireless power...
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

You should check if the pan/tilt setting in your scanners are set to 8 or 16 bit (that is, if it has such a setting at all).
Next check if Freestyler uses a fixture file with the same bit depth for pan/tilt as what the scanners expects it to be.

If this does not match up, then you can get strange problems with pan and tilt.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
allmedia

Post by allmedia »

Hmm I will check cable, but they are quite new and all worked before HDD replacement. I also think that something is wrong with communication, because I noticed that there is a problem with gobo selection. Some gobos does not corespont to their set value.
allmedia

Post by allmedia »

At the end... it's computer :\

When I try with my laptop it all works fine, but when I
connect to primary club computer all goes wrong.
Maybe USB ports failure... don't know :(

Anyway thank's for your help :)

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”