These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Help finish LD sc-500 laser fixture

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
judas79
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: TV Broadcast

Help finish LD sc-500 laser fixture

Post by judas79 »

Hello, I jumped right in getting this laser and a chinese USB DMX512 cable, which is compatable with freestyler, but didn't have a clue I would have to make a fixture. I've read and watched many beginer tutorials and landed up getting a fixture that is similar (spec wise); Blizzard laser, and altered it so that the specs that where common, but on different channels on the SC-500 where reoriented. So far my question are:
Should I use channel 9 or 10 for the zoom? How do you know which pictures to use in the gobo color wheel1?

I made a homemade .jpg copy of the manual but its almost a megabyte so I'm only going to upload the channel page for now, as not to eat up too much space on the server. I will upload the whole manual if givin permition to do so. Also the PFF, of what I've done so far, is uploaded. Please let me know of any/all other newbie mistakes I've made.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Help finish LD sc-500 laser fixture

Post by Kings »

I have a couple of SC500 s and are very happy with then but before you go any further...check that yours don't have a 12th channel for 'strobe'. Mine did and it confused me for a while until I figured it out.
judas79

Post by judas79 »

Other than the manual, how would I check fo a 12th channel? King, do you have a working fixture you can share for the sc500? This is my first and only DMX product and unsure of what I'm doing.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by Kings »

I'll post it for you soon. It's pretty basic but will get you up and running.
judas79

Post by judas79 »

Thanks a million! I will be eagerly awaiting your post.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by Kings »

Here it is...

Unzip and place both files in the FS fixtures folder (the image may already be there).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by Kings »

Hey...

These lasers are ILDA controllable. I borrowed a friends Pangolin (Quickshow software) control box over the weekend and the results were spectacular! I would recommend getting one if you ever have the funds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD_YB2rcauU

Video doesn't do them justice.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”