These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Issue Downloading Other User's Fixtures

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
DJEklipse
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Issue Downloading Other User's Fixtures

Post by DJEklipse »

When I download a fixture that another user created and try to open it, it gives me an error saying "Input past end of file" and it takes me to the fixture creator with the name of the fixture followed by a bunch of random data in the line for the manufacturer. I have tried importing the fixture files into Fixture Creator and get the same error. I just started using Freestyler DMX and have the latest versions of Freestyler and Fixture Creator.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this error. Thanks!

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Issue Downloading Other User's Fixtures

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,

We know about this problem and the developer has been told, so it should be fixed in the release. The only way around it is to contact Jan_k and he'll sort the file out and you will then be alright to use it.

Any further problems, please report it to a moderator or submit a BUG REPORT :)
/Nathan
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

hi jan_k made a Total libary of every fixture you can download from the forum
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4528
and
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4529

take a look at these files if your fixture i included.
Jan_k fixed allot of Fixtures with the "Input past end of file" issue.

but where not able to replace all Fixture files. also it will take ALLOT!!! of time to do this.
so where doing it this way.

:fs: Jan_k rocks ;)

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
DJEklipse

Post by DJEklipse »

So are you saying that I will have to wait until the next release of the software until I am able to download other users fixtures? I use American DJ Comscans, Chauvet Swarms, and generic 7 channel par cans. I couldn't find the Comscans or the Swarm in any of the new files. The new files do work for me though. Does anyone have an updated file for the Comscans or the Swarm?
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None

Post by Nathanrs93 »

DJEklipse wrote:So are you saying that I will have to wait until the next release of the software until I am able to download other users fixtures? I use American DJ Comscans, Chauvet Swarms, and generic 7 channel par cans. I couldn't find the Comscans or the Swarm in any of the new files. The new files do work for me though. Does anyone have an updated file for the Comscans or the Swarm?
No, I'm sure if you message Jan_k nicely he will sort out the files that need fixing that you want/need. If you don't ask you'll never know :)
/Nathan
DJEklipse

Post by DJEklipse »

I tried messaging Jan_k, but I got an error: Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt.

I tried sending this message if someone could forward it to him or direct him to these posts:

Hi,

I just started using Freestyler DMX and own ADJ Comscans and Chauvet Swarms. I tried downloading the user created files for these lights, but I get an error saying "Input past end of file." I was told to contact you about getting these files and was wondering if you could update the files so that they work with the latest version of Freestyler. Thanks a ton!

Here's a link to the current comscan: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3112
And the Chauvet Swarm: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3031
Spirit
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

hi again

try these
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta

Post by Jan_K »

Hej guys.

The problem with “past end of file”
I can’t fix them
There is only one thing to do.

Create the file from new.

I am not sure that this is related to FreeStyler / Fixture creator.

The fixtures that I am reposting at the moment is the same as the ones in the forum.

I downloaded them the day they were posted, opened them with “FC” saw that they were okay and saved them with a new name (including manufacture name).

So the ones you get from me should be the same.

At the moment I am wondering if anything has happened with the ones in the forum but I can’t imagine what.
Looking a bit back it started relative long time after a FreeStyler release.
Meaning if it is an error in the release then I will expect it to start at day one and not after relative long time.
Also if I recall correct then this started after the forum was down short time ago.

But I have no idea about “WTF” is going wrong.
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mattotone »

When we switched servers alot of images and my uploaded software became corrupt after the move.
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”