These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Wrong Address Sent?

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Ryan4010
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2

Wrong Address Sent?

Post by Ryan4010 »

Im new at posting here. I have a quick question about a Big Dipper k-200, 40mw green laser. Its 7 Channel and when I hook it up to my manual controller everything works. When I hook it up to Freestyler using the Enttec Open interface, it sends the wrong address. Out of 7 channels only three get sent, and they are in the wrong spot. The other channels appear to be empty. I have multiple other fixtures. I wrote fixture files for all of them, and everything is working great, except for the laser. I have looked everywhere on the internet and cant seem to find whats wrong. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Ryan4010

Re: Wrong Address Sent?

Post by Ryan4010 »

Please guys. I really need help here. If I got the enttec pro do you think it would solve the problem? how bout a terminator? I have one coming. Does it have something to do with 16 or 8 bit? I dont know anyone that runs Dmx and i have taught myself everything up until this point. I really need some help on this one. Is the laser just junk because its Chinese and a little old?
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

Some cheap Chinese fixtures have crap DMX modules and don't respond we'll to the signal from some dongles. They often only work reasonably well if the start address is one. Try adjusting the DMX output of the Enttec via the FS set up window (where you select the type if interface).
Ryan4010

Post by Ryan4010 »

Hey thanks for replying. Im out working on an oil rig right now but I think I tried that. Its the output refresh rate right? I tried it on 1, 25, 50, and 100. Still no luck. I ran Freestyler with just the one laser hooked up to the first start address and it still didnt work. Do you think if I got a better dongle it might solve the problem? I would sure like to spend the money on more lighting but if I have too ill upgrade the interface first. Its just quite a bit of money to spend on a maybe. Im really on my last legs here. I think iv read every post on this site and google trying to figure out the problem, and I just cant seem to figure it out.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by Kings »

My gut feeling is that it isnt the dongle. But...having said that, having a second dongle is always a good idea as I've had a Enttec pro fail on me just before a show. Having a spare (the open) would have made my life a lot more easier.

Before you do anything, just check to make sure the fixture profile is correct. Easiest way to do that is to use another 7 channel profile (like the DL-55). The channel allocations will not match but its a quick and easy experiment to eliminate the fixture profile as a factor.

Other than that, you could always just run the laser off your manual controller with everything else on FS.
Ryan4010

Post by Ryan4010 »

Again thanks. Thats a good idea using another 7 channel profile to check. Ill definitely try that as soon as I get home. I really wanted to use them with FS and wright sequences using everything I had. Im so close and its really exciting. Ill keep you posted as to how it turns out. Might just have to get a couple new lasers. Been looking at some RGB full spectrum's.
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mattotone »

Another user has had a similar problem. The issue was resolved by reinstalling the drivers for the dmx dongle using the manufacturers drivers instead if windows generic ones.
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
Ryan4010

Post by Ryan4010 »

Ill try that as well. I think I might of downloaded the manufactures drivers but maybe I didn't install them right. Ill try it again. Might be a while before I get home again but ill post an update as soon as I can.
Ryan4010

Post by Ryan4010 »

I tried using the DL-55 preset and got the same thing. I tried re installing the FTDI driver and still have bad control. I dont know what else to do here. its real frustrating.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by Kings »

It sounds like the laser is the problem. Do you have any other intelligent (ie DMX controlled) fixtures and how are they currently responding?
Ryan4010

Post by Ryan4010 »

I have five other fixtures (I wrote fixture files for all of them) and everything else is running great. I ordered a DMXKing Ultra dmx micro so ill see if switching out the dongle works. I really dont know what else to do other then to buy new lasers. I really wish I could get these working though. I wanna move on to writing sequences and playing with the new android app.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

if everything else is running great but the lasers aren't then the laser sound like they need binning or it could be the cable you are using! Damaged cables produce erratic behavior...
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”