These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Min Fade time , settable under 500, why not ?

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Couin
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 332

Min Fade time , settable under 500, why not ?

Post by Couin »

Hi,

I searched with different words but not found an answer.

Is there a specific reason to limit the min fade to 500 and not to 100, like Scene time ?

I know I can disable fade time with Snap ptions, but with FX it render jerky movements.

And at 500 , some movements are not fast enough.

Thanks,
Couin

wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: Min Fade time , settable under 500, why not ?

Post by wardomon »

I'm not connected to my lights at the moment. Does setting the motor speed higher and to snap. change anything?
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Couin
FreeStyler Version: 332

Post by Couin »

Hi,

Thanks for help.
I have Abstact Futurescan III, in which ùmenu can I set the motor speed ?
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by wardomon »

I tried it in the visualizer. It looks like the fade for pan and tilt, control motor speeds according to the duration of the step.

I set most of my fade moves to 3 or 4 seconds, then adjust the playback speed in the cues. I've run out of submaster slots and it's a good way to get different looks from one sequence. I move my lights about half the time in fade mode. It softens up the changes.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
mattgwilson
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by mattgwilson »

I need the fade time to be much lower than 500ms because the only way I can get my rgb led pars to work in the submaster page is if the rgb leds are set on fade not snap. Snap does not work for some reason. So to overcome this problem, I wish to have a much faster fade than 500ms. 50ms would be nice.

How can I fix this MAJOR problem with freestyler?
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

thats strange Snap works great for me.... only "Disable Fades" on cue should have a Bug in it but i'm not sure..

works great for me if i playback on Snap.

Can you provide more info, Like the fixture type, Playback Type..?

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
mattgwilson

Post by mattgwilson »

Thanks for the reply.

This is a problem I have had with any kind of RGB mixing device. I've got RGBWA uplighters now, but the problem also exists on my ADJ flat panels, and my LEDJ eco Par56's.

Disable fades has never been used. Funnily enough, the snap works when a full sequence is run outside of the submasters and cue (eg. when I am programming). Even when I am running my cues the correct colour for each fixture is shown, but the device does not react.

Thanks
mattgwilson

Post by mattgwilson »

Help is required on this issue please.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

You can use overide buttons to create color schemes. I do that. It is pretty instant when you run the over ride. Just makesure that it is only color not intensity or other attributes changing when you hit it.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”