These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

need help creating laser fixture

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
gareth
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by gareth »

hello every one,

im a bit stuck creating a fixture for my laser! i have created simple fixtures in the past but never one for a laser! the laser i have is a CR-TEC SP-RGB. the first problem i'm having is with the pan and tilt once the dmx value gets higher than 127 on both they start to move the other way :o is there any way to limit the pan and tilt in the fixture so it does not go over 127? the other problem is the gobos/patterns there are 8 groups of patterns and in each group there is 16 patterns. the groups are on channel 2 and the patterns on channel 3 so when i want to view the next 16 i have to change the value of channel 2 :? how do i go about configuring that in the gobo page?

the manual for the light is here if you would like to take a look:
http://www.sharepdfbooks.com/G69JPC91JC ... 2.pdf.html

and my very unfinished fixture:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t0obzwekb7e5jjd

thanks
gareth

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: need help creating laser fixture

Post by Spirit »

Please upload the .Pff file it contains all the Gobo pic and Fixture pic, and you can upload it on the FS forum.
You can make it to press File->Export.
the first problem i'm having is with the pan and tilt once the dmx value gets higher than 127 on both they start to move the other way is there any way to limit the pan and tilt in the fixture so it does not go over 127?
So far as i know this is Not possible, or i know a work around for it but it's not realy official.
the other problem is the gobos/patterns there are 8 groups of patterns and in each group there is 16 patterns
you need to make a LOT of macro buttons 8x16=128 Macro buttons.. :D

Still having problem Just ask.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

Use the newest FS version with newest FixtureCreator. There you can assighne macros to other windows, like the gobo window. If there are more things you want contrall with macros you can keep the macro window better organized that way.

You can also create macros with no values set to any channel at all. Then you can assign blank images or images showing seperators you crated (like horizontal or vertical lines) to those macros. That may help to keep the window clean.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
gareth

Post by gareth »

Thanks for all your help so far :) right I've configured 128 macros lol how can I assign them to gobos? I'm still having a problem with the pan and tilt do you normally control a laser with the pan and tilt function? Cheers
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

First of all you need to have the latest FreeStyler Beta Version 3.3.6. You find it on the forum first page as first "topic": http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforum/index.php
This comes with Fixture creator 5.5 and there you go to the macro tab. Then go to the right on this tab until you see a column "Show in" There you have to select "Gobos" and the macros will not appeare in the macro window but in the gobo window when using FS. (Needles to say that you have to save the fixture file first ;) )
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

and if i'm correct you need to assign one channel, 2 or 3 on the first page of fixture creator to a Gobochannel otherwise the Gobowindows/pallet doesn't open in Freestyler.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Never tryed it, but I think you are right. But since he hase two gobo channels at his fixture he can simply assign them as gobo channels :)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

gareth wrote:I'm still having a problem with the pan and tilt do you normally control a laser with the pan and tilt function? Cheers
i do not controll the pan and tilt manual, i always make scenes just with everything in it.
but thats because i'm not realy a laser gay, and during a show i controll all my inteligent lights and parcans.
so i do not have time to controll the laser manual.
but sometimes the laser is the only thing i controll and if i only control the laser i allways use the Auto pan and tilt. or have made some position so the laser can also stand still.
gareth

Post by gareth »

thanks for every ones help :)

ahh i was using an old fixture creator.
Spirit wrote:Please upload the .Pff file it contains all the Gobo pic and Fixture pic, and you can upload it on the FS forum.
You can make it to press File->Export.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ib049hnie4n0luk

the reason id like to controll the pan and tilt is because the laser writes words that i would like to project on the wall just to the left of the dance floor!
nmedan
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6

Post by nmedan »

Hello all,
Did anyone by chance stumble on a fixture for Cr-Tec top 1s laser - or some help maybe in creating the fixture...
Thank you all in advance..
beefy-stu
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/deconomix/photos_albums

Post by beefy-stu »

Hello Gareth

Your Media fire link is dead to the PFF file, Do you still have it or is it elsewhere on the site now?
I have a QTX worm RGB 3D laser that Im playing with, I have started assigning it to its channels but Im a neewbie.

Cheers

Stu
Diagnosing my way, one cable at a time.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”