These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ADJ Comscan LED

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
sarellano
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

ADJ Comscan LED

Post by sarellano »

Hello,

I have a pair of ADJ Comscan LED's. FS does not have a fixture profile for these and was wondering how I can get one. Can anyone help? I can try contacting ADJ to see if they have one I can download from their site.

Thanks,
Sergio

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: ADJ Comscan LED

Post by djSupport »

Try to make yourself one its easy when you have the light there check out http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
sarellano
Just started using FS

Post by sarellano »

Thank you, I will try that. I am so new at this that it's a bit overwhelming. I called ADJ this morning to no avail, they only create profiles for their dmx....too bad for me. It will be a great learning experience.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

We encourage people to make their fixtures by them self, however that dosent mean we dont want to help... if you have (big or small) problems with the fixture creating, dont hesitate to ask for help, if you can upload the pff file and a manual for the fixture when you ask I guarantee you will get help asap. :-D

:fs:
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
sarellano
Just started using FS

Post by sarellano »

What is the pff file? I can upload the manual from adj, no problem. I am still working on creating the profile. The picture has been rough for me to get. It's a work in progress.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

The *.pff file is the exported fixture profile. Contains everything needed. Including images.
You can export the profile from fixture creator using the export option.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
sarellano
Just started using FS

Post by sarellano »

I am waiting still for ADJ to give me the profiles so I can create something in FS, I hope soon cause I tried to create something without it and I was and am lost!!
sarellano
Just started using FS

Post by sarellano »

I created a profile but am still not sure about channels 3 and 4, please see the files attached. It seems to me that channel 3 has 10 addresses and 4 has 18, but I only have 8 gobos. What do I do with channels 3 and 4?? I also used a generic adj picture instead of the comscan pic cause I couldn't get it to upload.

http://www.americandj.com/pdffiles/comscan_led.pdf
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8

Post by Mavi »

First of all you can bring the right picture in realy simple:
1.) Find the right picture (for example on the ADJ website or cut it out of the manual) and save it to your hard disc.
2.) Use a graphics tool to resize it (for example paint will do the job, or get an other free tool like IrfanView). About 70 times 70 pixel should work fine.
3.) Save the picture as a GIF file with transparent background (IrfanView can do so, do not know if paint can do) to the Fixtures folder inside the FreeStyler folder. (e.g.: C:\Program Files\FreeStyler\Fixtures)
4.) In FixtureCreator Click inside the "Fixt. Picture" field and select the file you just created. If you can not finde it in the list, try to hit "Imagelist -> Refresh" in the menu bar first.

Now to channel 3:
Your fixture seams to have different patterns for the strobing function: blackout and shutter open, "normal" strobing and two special strobing function with "slow open - fast close" and "fast oben - slow close". I do not exacly know what this means, but I think it means theat the shutter opens fast and closes slowly ;)
Anyway: First fill in the fields for shutter closed = 0 (as you did) and open = 8. Then fill in some values for the strobing, low = 16, med = 58, high = 131. You may want to finde other values for low, med and high strobing by using the slider for the shutter channel in freestyler and watch what your fixture is doing. If so, feel free to adjust those values just like you want.
For the two special functions, you will have to crate macros. Try to finde out values you want to use for these patterns by using the sliders again. If you have one (ore more) values you would like to save in a macro just create the macros. Search this forum for detailed discriptions on how creating macros. I know there are some ;)

Now to channel 4:
You are right in saying your fixture only has 8 gobos. But there is also an so called "open" gobo. In fact this is just a beam with no picture but will count it to the gobos as well ;) So there are 9 gobos in the fixture. The fixture t also supports gobo shaking for each gobo. Gobo shaking means, that the gobo skakes a little and this will couse an effect as if its moves a little. You can compare this to a mirrow of a scanner wich is dooing a very little movment along the pan/tilt-axis. And that realy fast.
Your fixture has also a gobo wheel rotation, wich means that you can let the gobo wheel rotate through the gobos automaticly. You can adjust the speed of this. For this you should find out some values again you want to use. The lowest is 128, the highest 255. So med would be something about 192. I usualy take 5 values (super slow - slow - med - fast - super fast). You can adjust the values just like I told you with the strobe channel.
What you have to set up in fixture creator now is this:
You have 9 gobos, 9 gobo shakes and a number of gobo rotation speeds, lets say 5. So the number of gobos you enter at the Fixture config tab of FixtureCreator is 23 (=9+9+5)
Then you set up the 9 gobos as you did before but add the open gobo as well (DMX value 4 for example). Do the same with the gobo shakes again.
Then enter the values for gobo wheel rotation as well to the list. For example enter DMX value 128 as the super slow gobo wheel rotation.
Now you should finde suitable images for the gobos. Go trough the image list at the right side and finde them. If you can not finde the right ones to to create some on your own. You already got the manual on how creating the fixture picture. It is almost the same. Just use a 31 times 31 pixel image and save it in bmp (no transparent background) to the Gobos folder inside the FreeStyler folder (e.g.: C:\Program Files\FreeStyler\Gobos) If you have the right images for the gobos it will be much easier to hit the right gobo in everydays use. :)

Hop this helps with you problems. Do not forget to upload the ready fixture file to the user created fixture files section in this forum so that other can use it :D

PS: Mh... Just again I wrote such a long answere. And it is almost the same that I write. Perhaps I should sit down and prepare generic answere snippets wich I can use in the future. Or even better - I can write a detailed manual on how creating fixture files with all those points I always answer covered. But right now I do not have the time to do so - perhaps in the future :D
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
sarellano
Just started using FS

Post by sarellano »

You are a lifesaver!!! I have most of it done and I am very happy. I have to still work a bit on the images on the right side or download some of my own. What does the transparent background do or not do? I uploaded the new fixture profile. It seems to work fine. Give me some feedback if you have any.
Thanks again for your help.
Last edited by sarellano on September 24th, 2010, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8

Post by Mavi »

the transparent background is good if someone has a background picture in FreeStyler for example showing his traverse. If you have no background picture the standard gray will shine trough the transparent sections of the image. If you have a white background in the fixture image you will see always this white square. Not realy likly ;)
It is just for things look good and will not bring (or take) and functionality.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
djxstatik
Knows how to turn Lights ON
Twitter: twitter.com/djxstatik

Post by djxstatik »

hello,
The profile works great in FS but i seem to have problems when trying to add this fixture to Magic 3D. the file is there but it doesnt let me add the fixture, I also tried to create it with scan Library but still no luck. is there a fixture file out there for Magic 3d. Thanks
Arnodekkers1995

Post by Arnodekkers1995 »

Could anybody please post a pff file for the comscan, which is ready to use? I would love that!
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Arno D
Beatprojector

Post by Beatprojector »

I would love it, too. If anybody is out there who could post it would be much appreciated.

Cheerz and good light.

KS

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”