These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Newbie need help with fixture

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
jasmin
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
Twitter: twitter.com/

Newbie need help with fixture

Post by jasmin »

Hi !

I just "jumped" into the DMX world... got myself an Enttec USB-DMX and a fex fixtures. I've got:
Chauvet - Kinta-X
Optima - FL-900D (Strobe)
Optima - OPDM-20 (dimmer pack)

none of those devices could be found in the fixture list ! the dimmer pack is quite popular; when you do a search on Google, it comes from everywhere.

my questions are :
- why are'nt these already in the list ? (since they seem quite popular)
- Anywhere I can download them ?
- If I create them, (the dimmer pack for example), I just create a device with 4 channel ?

thanks in advance for any answer !

Jasmin

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Newbie need help with fixture

Post by dmxlighting »

Hi Jasmin

Welcome to FS Forum

You will need to look at building your own fixture profiles (its not to difficult to do!)
Also you may find that someone has made them before and posted them on this forum.

As for the dimmer pack profile, what are you going to attached to it? If its PAR's then use PAR profiles, one for each channel, this will give you better control.
If you want to just run a dimmer pack profile then you will find a few already in the FS program and as all dimmers are more or less the same thing other than number of channels, you can use any of them!

If you get stuck making a profile, then upload what you have here and someone will have a look and help you with it.
Also if you make a working profile for any fixture then please share it with others on this forum.

All the best

Lee
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
villeric
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control
Twitter: twitter.com/
Instagram: villeric

Post by villeric »

Hi all,

why my kinta dmx value do not change if i select "react to sound"

it would be a really fun if it could react to sound.

I want to know, I own a dimmer pack 4 channel, can it react to sound? dimm the light on it by dmx value or say just on/off dmx value for it.

i have a strobe too with dmx for intensity and speed. can i ask a dmx random value for high intensity sometime on "react to sound"?

thanks for your help

Eric
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Serious users skip the 'random dmx value' option and create a sequence which they let control by S2L.
Less serious users who whish -not- to have full control about what is going to happen use random dmx values.

I have 1 advice: create a sequence with a few steps that makes, for example, a small 4 step 'walking light' (how is that called in english?) over your dimmer pack.
Start the sequence in the cue and let the sequence respond to S2L triggers. There you go, the next light goes on, on every beat.

This way you can control anything you want the way that you want.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
hashbrown007
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by hashbrown007 »

Good day I am much like the gentleman that started this string. I have freestyler x2 and I am just trying to control an Optima DPDM-20 4ch Dimmer box. I'm using this DMX to USB dongle thing I got off the internet. I like the idea of having each channel be considered as a PAR. I have no idea where to start. I was about to throw everything out the window. Can someone please help? Please and Thank you !
A3aanKeij
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

Post by A3aanKeij »

@hashbrown007: I have an old T-bar with 4 pars. Added an old Showtec (or whatever) 4-ch dimmer pack 'fixture', set the corresponding start address, choose the usb-dmx dongle in 'settings' >>> works!

From iPad using Tapatalk
1eyeddj
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by 1eyeddj »

I'm desperate for some help here. I am very much new to DMX software. I've got a DMX controller board that I can get to work great with fades, chases, and scenes with my American DJ dimmer pack and generic fadeable non-LED par cans. But I recently purchased a USB to DMX controller (uses uDMX open driver) and it came with Freestyler. Well, when I set up a generic 4 channel dimmer fixture, I get no lamp option. When I set up a 1 channel dimmer, and add 4 of them with different channels, then when I go to the lamp and turn it on, they blink over a long period of time. I've set these two up following instructions on the Freestyler wiki. I've got my dimmer pack set to start with channel 1, and as I said, it works perfectly with my Chauvet Obey 40 board. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”