These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

StageApe PAR 64

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
rbfleming4
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3621

StageApe PAR 64

Post by rbfleming4 »

I am new to Freestyler and am trying to understand the settings when creating a new fixture. Can someone help out with the PAR 64 and I will post another one for the Bar.

I understand the color channels, but the break down of slide 4 and 6 are throwing me. Here is the link to the light on stageape.
http://stageape.com/pages/wide64.html

For DMX Mode:

Slider #1 controls the green LED's

Slider #2 controls the red LED's

Slider #3 controls the blue LED's

Slider #4 0-16 white (red, blue and green LED's on)
17-31- red
32-47- purple
48-63- blue
64-79- aqua
80-95- green
96-120- light green
121-255- color change (set speed of color change with slider #5)

Slider #5 0-255 slow to fast color change (when slider #4 is set to 121-255)

Slider #6 0-127- strobe (from slow to fast)
128- 131- solid on
132-191- strobe fade in (fades from zero to full brightness)
192-240- fade (lights up and fades out)
241-255- solid on

Slider #7 Dimmer (slider must be all the way up for the functions to work)

On the first fixture set dip switch #1 and #10 to the ON position. For easy use with our ACROBAT, set the second fixtures dip switch #1 and #5 and dip #10 to the ON position and that will give you control of the light using the #2 fixture/scanner button on the DMX controller. To run the lights all at once just set all the lights dip switches to #1 and #10 to the ON position.

rbfleming4

Re: StageApe PAR 64

Post by rbfleming4 »

I have noticed a lot of people viewed this post but no reply. I have figured out everything on this light but dimmer mode and on off. Here is what I have setup which works fine on one lamp, multiple lamps I get different responses which could due to the switch settings. Can someone please assist with the configuration?

Color does not align with DMX Mode settings provided by stageape when viewing in 3D mode, but this setting works in 3D.
Red CH =1
Green CH = 2
Blue CH = 3
Strobe CH = 6 (off 0, low 1, med 32, high 64) this setting doesn't align with the DMX mode recommendation, but works great in 3d view.
Intensity CH = 7 (min 0, max 255) does not work :?: :?: :?:

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

Your red, green, and blue channels are different to your last description.

I would suggest trying on the actual fixture first, then change the 3d easy view profile if needed to mirror the real thing.
Can you confirm the value for number of channels is set to 7? If so then you can use the freestylers add/remove fixtures window to click on each fixture and see a diagram of how each ones dip switches should be set.
rbfleming4

Post by rbfleming4 »

Thanks for the response. Yes the channel is set to 7. I will try it on the actual light today and see what happens.
rbfleming4

Post by rbfleming4 »

Thank you spud1511, your recommendation to work directly with the lights made a big difference. All 12 lights are working independently and freestyler is setup with all 24 total lights. Working on barrier setup now. Is there a good tutorial for setting up cues? We are tying freestyler into pro presenter using the midi option and drive the lights from the slides. I need to setup cues which I believe are the same a memory on the smartfade controller.

Thanks again for the advice.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”