These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Mega Strobe III

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
bbasketbller75
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Chauvet Mega Strobe III

Post by bbasketbller75 »

I seriously have tried everything to make this stupid thing work. Please someone help me make a file for this before i lose my damn mind. Its the simplest thing but i cant get it to work at freaking all. The Manual is here > http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products ... III_UG.pdf

spud1511
FS is my life
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Chauvet Mega Strobe III

Post by spud1511 »

For the sake of keeping it simple as the dimmer and speed channels change their functions depending on what the other one is set to I would just create a bunch of macro buttons for off, blinder mode, and a few selected strobe speeds since in reality you will probably only ever need 3 (or 5 tops) different speeds, and makes playback really simple.
bbasketbller75
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by bbasketbller75 »

spud1511 wrote:For the sake of keeping it simple as the dimmer and speed channels change their functions depending on what the other one is set to I would just create a bunch of macro buttons for off, blinder mode, and a few selected strobe speeds since in reality you will probably only ever need 3 (or 5 tops) different speeds, and makes playback really simple.
I am a noob to all this. can you please help me. I need it for tomorrow!
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Chauvet Mega Strobe III.pff
try that.. i can't test it as i dont have the fixture here, but if you operate it in freestyler by selecting the fixture and opening the macro's window you will have a really straightforward control by using the buttons.
Please post back and let us know if its good (or not) so Jan K can include it in the bulk fixture library for future users.
hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej spud1511

I had a look on your fixture and can see that you have placed channel 2 on shutter and intensity.
On the shutter channel you have only defined the close value.
I am not sure that is the intended way to use the shutter by just defining one of the values in a set.

If you just want to get the use of the open and close button on the lamp panel then you don't have to put anything on the shutter channel.
If nothing is in the Shutter channel, FS will use the intensity channel when you press the open or close button.
Meaning "open" will set the shutter to 255 and "close" will set it to 0.

Can you please explain so I also can learn. ;)

/Jan
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Ok Jan..
That fixtures dmx control doesn't have a seperate channel for the mode, it has some "AND" rules in there... Such as if ch1 is in this range, and ch2 is similtaneously in that range then enable blinder mode... Or sound to light mode..., etc. so I probably left it out to avoid changing the lights operating mode or speed when it comes back on after a blackout.

Otherwise I would imagine having an 'open' value assigned would force the light into an unpredictable state as its behaviour would be part affected by the other channels current value. Likewise, I hoped having the close value would stop it defaulting to the intensity setting to create a blackout, etc which could possibly cause similar issues (potentially even more so as there could be a whole range of values to come back on at).

Of course this is only based on a previous experience with a similar but not identical fixture and I don't have it in front of me so need the OP to confirm if it works correctly and predictably after coming out of blackout.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

It is always a problem to get the fixture verified.
And the behavior of strobes where you hold one channel and move an other to get blinder function, single flash and so on are almost impossible to get a decent user interface in FS for.

I was just wondering what FS does when you don't fill in a value on "open" because the button is present in the control panel and therefore have a function / value attached.
If it is a not initialized field then the value may be random. If it is a default then it end at that value. Or does FS calculate a value from the other channels.

Think I need to test this so we can put the info on the wiki.

Thanks!

/Jan

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”