These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

14 channel mnin spot need profile

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
PtownBubba
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6

14 channel mnin spot need profile

Post by PtownBubba »

I have this light from ebay seller,15W LED Spot Light Stage Mini Rotating Light , 14 channel, looks like a Chauvet mini, but I do not find a 14 channel Chauvet fixture/profile,, sorry new here, just getting started with Freestyler, so any advice or help in finding what I need to do would be great.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: 14 channel mnin spot need profile

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi
We can't really help you make a fixture file unless we have a DMX chart or manual of the fixture?

Regards
Nathan
PtownBubba

Post by PtownBubba »

ok,, can I send a PDF somehow with the DMX settings,,, my scanner only saves to pdf.
PtownBubba

Post by PtownBubba »

I am confused because the booklet that came with light, shows DMX Channel Values [14 Channel ] on one page
Then DMX Channel Values [5 Channel for Spot ]

but the EBAY of my light ad, it was listed under, shows 13 channel,,, not 14 channel ????

☆ 13 channel DMX-512 LED moving yoke color wash
☆ Pan: 540° / tilt: 270°
☆ RGB color mixing
☆ Variable electronic strobe
☆ Variable electronic dimmer (0 to 100%)
☆ Vector speed channel for pan/tilt, RGB color mixing and color macros
☆ Built-in movement macros via master/slave or DMX
☆ Built-in automated programs via master/slave (fast and slow)
☆ Built-in sound activated programs via master/slave
☆ User-selectable basic or advanced operating modes
☆ User-selectable pan/tilt ranges
-Pan: 540°, 360°, 180°
-Tilt: 270°, 180°, 90°
☆ Pan/tilt invert
☆ Beam Angle: 27°
☆ Field Angle: 53°
☆ Lux: 689
☆ Light Source: 15W (700mA x6) RGB LED >50,000hrs
☆ Power and Current: 110V-240V switchable
☆ Weight: 8.37lbs/3.8kg
☆ Size: 6.8" x 6.8" x 9.8"/ 173x173x249mm

Channel Functions:
1.Pan
2.Pan Fine
3.Tilt
4.Tilt Fine
5.Vector Speed:(Normal->Slow)
6.Dimmer/Strobe
7.Red
8.Green
9.Blue

My manual shows White as a fourth color

10.Color Macros
11.Vector Speed(color)
12.Movement Macros
13.Gobo
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

So can't you just set the dimmer channel, and white channel to 100% and see if you get white light through or not?
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi
I'd go with the manual, it's probably the most reliable when it comes to unknown brands on eBay.

Regards
Nathan
PtownBubba

Post by PtownBubba »

Not sure I have the brains t make a fixture for my mini spot, after I made one, and it did not work, I would,, not know if it was the fixture software, the USB dongle connected to pc and l light, or Win7 64 bit pc conflicts, causing the failure,,,, If possible, I would like someone to create or build fixture software for me,, willing to offer up some $ as well,,,,,zip-file it and post it or email it,,,,,,,,,,,,, is that do-able ??
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

PtownBubba wrote:Not sure I have the brains t make a fixture for my mini spot, after I made one, and it did not work, I would,, not know if it was the fixture software, the USB dongle connected to pc and l light, or Win7 64 bit pc conflicts, causing the failure,,,, If possible, I would like someone to create or build fixture software for me,, willing to offer up some $ as well,,,,,zip-file it and post it or email it,,,,,,,,,,,,, is that do-able ??
Hi
We can help but like I've said we could real do with a properly manual for the fixture to work from?

Regards,
Nathan
PtownBubba

Post by PtownBubba »

PtownBubba

Post by PtownBubba »

Maybe this is a better upload / image,,, I have seen a lot of 13 Channel lights, but mine is a 14 channel, apparently because it has the white [RGBW]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PtownBubba

Post by PtownBubba »

I am still confused about the 14 channel DMX sheet,,,, on the fixture it self, when scrolling through the mode menu, , I can choose 13 channel, or 5 channel,,,,,,,,,,,, what is the 14 channel declaration at the top of manual,,,,, ????? a printing error from the factory ?????
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Wrong manual in box? If the light only has 13 channels, and you were not sure if your 13 or 14 channel dmx chart was the one to use I guess that answers your original question.
PtownBubba

Post by PtownBubba »

This is the light I purchased:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171360734847?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Has anyone else got this light, and found or made a fixture profile for it ?

Now another seller has this one listed , looks exactly the same, but has a slightly different description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Arrival-15W ... 4ad93aa3cf

Like I said, my fixture says 13 or 5 channels when scrolling the lights control menu,,,, so maybe there is no 14 channel light,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ???? ugh ??????????

I suppose I need to find or have someone create both 13 and 14 ch profiles, and see which one will control the light ?
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Theres loads of variations of the 'mini video recorder' style of moving heads, lots of which are usually made in the same few production lines, but to different specs and with different spec components, and with other small differences depending on the specifications of the buyer for each different production run.

I would suggest you load 13 single channel generic parcan fixtures into freestyler, set them all to about 50% so whatever channel the dimmer, etc is on you will have light output and just operate one at a time and write down on a piece of paper exactly what happens on each channel.
This will allow you to take a picture/sketch of each gobo to help make your fixture file with, and you will know exactly what channel operates what.
Once you get the hang of freestyler you can also then recycle this pics/info into easyview in the future to create shows without having to setup all your lights every time.
spukemonkey
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5

Post by spukemonkey »

I have this light and mine is 13ch only difference is the white channel but mine has white on the macro channel. as for fixture file I am just finishing mine with the pan/tilt left to do you could change mine with 14ch no problem just have to change the values

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”