These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Spot Duo [Solved]

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
grimesmichael
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Chauvet Spot Duo [Solved]

Post by grimesmichael »

I have a feeling this is going to become a really popular light for the mobile DJ field as an economical and versatile light. But I have no clue where to start on creating a fixture for it. I have created fixture profiles before, but because it is a dual moving head fixture, I'm not sure how to go about how to create this one. If it is even possible. The lights do have some great sound active programs, but I would also like to be able to individually control them via DMX. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the link to the channel listings via Chauvet's website. Also I just uploaded the Manuel.

http://www.chauvetlighting.com/intimida ... t-duo.html

Thank You for everything!
God Bless!
DJ Mikey Mike
Vision Entertainment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Chauvet Spot Duo

Post by Kings »

Have a look at the fixture profile for a Dynamo and then Dynamo twin (essentially two Dynamo scanners in one unit). It should give you some ideas on how to create a fixture profile for the dual spot.
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

Yikes!...in 20 and 17 channel mode the heads have shared and independent channels! That's going to be a real challenge with the fixture creator. 10 channel mode is relatively straight forward but the it looks like both heads will end up doing the same thing and its unavoidable...and disappointing.

The easiest way to get the 20 channel mode up and working would be to create a fixture with 20 generic channels (eg dimmer pack) and label them with their attributed for easier sequence creation. It's not going to look as good as most profiles but its a start.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Combined fixtures.

Both are to be placed on the same address.

Chauvet_Intimidator_Spot_Duo_20ch_2.pff
Chauvet_Intimidator_Spot_Duo_20ch_1.pff
/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grimesmichael
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Chauvet Spot Duo [Solved]

Post by grimesmichael »

Thank you so much for creating this fixture! It took me a few minuet's to figure out how to get the fixtures on the same channel, So I will post this as a little bit of extra instruction.

Download the fixture and double click the fixture to install it in the program. Do this with both fixtures. Restart the program. Open up the Add/Remove Fixtures, and find the fixtures. Select the first one and move it over on the DMX address that you want. on the second one, make sure to UNCHECK the box for the Auto Address. If it is checked then the fixture will automatically address it in an unused address. Once you add the fixture, go to the Start Address and type in the DMX address of the first fixture.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Chauvet Spot Duo [Solved]

Post by Jan_K »

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”