These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

American DJ Mega24 Pro Fixture Profile Request

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
reikikoby
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

American DJ Mega24 Pro Fixture Profile Request

Post by reikikoby »

Hello I am seeking a profile for an American DJ Mega24 Pro light.

I would prefer the 16 channel mode but the 7 channel mode will work too.

Lemme know if there's a profile out there already,

:fs: :geek:

cheers, Koby

UniCav
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: American DJ Mega24 Pro Fixture Profile Request

Post by UniCav »

Koby have you found or created one yet? I'm just setting up FreeStyler and we have 2 Mega24-Pro's. I want to run them in the 16 Channel Mode myself for full control.
UniCav

Post by UniCav »

If anyone has an American DJ Mega24 Pro can you test this file for me? I created it yesterday, my first fixture file. I don't have my USB adapter yet so I can't test it myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej UniCav

I don'thave the fixture but I think you have mave an error in the strobe channel.
You have given it channel 13. In the manual it is suppose to be 14.

Also fill in you name date and mode (16 ch) in the info box.

Finally the maga 24 pro have 4 RGB segments.
I think you should try to use the segment control. ("RGB segment") there are a tutorial on the wiki of how to use this.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... t_tutorial

/Jan

Edit// Fixed broken URL by Nathanrs93
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Here is a 10ch mode have a look on the segments and the macros.
American_DJ_Mega_24Pro_10ch.pff
/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UniCav

Post by UniCav »

Jan that seems to keep happening every time I set up the fixture and save and export it the next time I open it up the channels have been rearranged. Not sure what the deal is with that. The first couple of times I opened it and it was changed I thought I did something wrong but now I'm wondering if there's a problem with the way Freestyler 3.5.2 is saving it. You're 100% right on both counts but I'd swear that's how I had it set up when I saved and exported last time. I'll edit it again and add my name and date to the info. Thanks for that tip. I'll look up the wiki on the color segments too. On the same subject what about the strobe/speed channel on Ch 14 where in Speed mode anything above 240 is for Sound Active. I saw a switch for that in FS should I set up a macro or something to toggle that?
UniCav

Post by UniCav »

2nd Version of the 16ch mode with RGB Segments if anyone can try it out thanks
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

If you can replicete the error where it is the wrong channel that are saved then file a bug report on it. :)

At the moment I have reported one with the RGB segment where I don't have the color selection part meaning that I am not able to set the color on the segments.

Regarding the strobe - sound.
If you look at the fixture I created then I have moved all programs to macro instead of using the gobo.
Additional I have made the sound as macro and used the "show in" function so it is shown in the beam panel.
(I forgot to use "blank" ikons on the not used macros so there are some red X in the macro panels)

I find that it is a good way to do it but others may think different and in that case you actually need to try it out to figure out if it is the way to do it or if you think it is confusing your fixture and then eventually don't add it to the fixture.

/Jan
UniCav

Post by UniCav »

Thanks Jan I'll check it out that way. I'm still timing the purchase of a USB adapter so I can really start testing this in reality. I Seriously thought about using the macros instead of the gobo it kind of makes more sense to me as well so I'll look at yours and compare. Just got my 8 SlimPAR 64's in and my bassist has an awesome laser that we haven't even tried playing with the DMX options on so this promises to be really exciting.
UniCav

Post by UniCav »

Jan I finally got my DMXking adapter in and hooked up one of our Mega24 Pro's and it worked great. I removed the Gobo's from my 16 channel version and the RGB Segments since it really doesn't help with this fixture and added the Macros. It's really cool that you can switch between a Color Macro and use Strobe or activate all 12 available LED channels and use Strobe or use a Program and adjust the speed. Now to get my SlimPAR64's hooked up and learn how to create sequences and program songs for our show. About drove me nuts this weekend running all the LED's on an Elation 16ch board while singing haha.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”