These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

American DJ Color Burst 8

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Doug_Danforth
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

American DJ Color Burst 8

Post by Doug_Danforth »

Hi,

This is my first post to the forum and I am just learning how to use FreeStyler. I am responsible for lighting for our band but I am still learning.

We have two American DJ Color Burst 8 LED bars and I need to create a fixture file for them. These seem a bit unusual since they do not have a simple mode where 1=Red, 2=Green, 3=Blue like many of the other bars I have looked at. This is a 3 channel fixture in which, Channel 1 controls the modes, Channel 2 controls the chases, and Channel 3 controls the speed. I have attached the manual.

I have read the Wiki tutorial on creating LED Bar fixtures and I think I understand some/much of what is there. I was wondering if I could get a little advice on getting started with this fixture. For now, I would be happy to be able to just control the colors and not worry about any chases or strobes or such. Are there other fixtures like this that already have a fixture file created that I could use as a template? If not, how would I go about just defining the simple controls for Red, Green, Blue, and Amber?

Thanks,

Doug
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: American DJ Color Burst 8

Post by Mavi »

Your fixture hase no option to select colors directly. You just can tell the fixture to run the chases. Perhaps there are chases that activate only one color. Then you can select that chase. But I do not know the fixture so I do not know wich chases there are.

They way I would create a fixture file is the following:
Create a simple 3-channel fixture. Define channel 1 as "mode" and channel 3 as "speed". Create some macros to set them to the values you maight need. You can use a color/gobo wheele to set the chases but you can also use macros for everything.
Connect your fixture and test out wich chases in wich modes you want to use. Write down the combinations and create macros for them. Then you have the opportunity to quickly select the things you need.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
Doug_Danforth
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by Doug_Danforth »

Thank you Mavi,

I played with the fixture last night for a while using our Obey 40 controller and I could not get it to display one color. I found one combination where it would statically display all of the the LEDs but the rest of the chases and fades were actual chases and fades. I'm afraid the unit will have to go back.

Too bad really, it is very bright and otherwise an excellent Color Bar.

Thanks again for your time.

Doug
LeonidLZ
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by LeonidLZ »

Hi all, I changed the file from Chauvet ... look who has a device that can still be corrected ...
LeonidLZ

Post by LeonidLZ »

file...
LeonidLZ

Post by LeonidLZ »

sorry ... do not know much English
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej LeonidLZ.

Please export the fixtur file as "pff" in "fixture creator" and uppload it again.

The fxt don't contain all information. The pff does and that is the one to upload.

/Jan
LeonidLZ

Post by LeonidLZ »

try...
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej again.

Looks ok.

/Jan
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Have taken the liberty to shift the picture to the right one.
American_DJ_Color_Burst_8.pff
/Jan
johans
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: TV Broadcast

Post by johans »

Hi, When I download the file and try to install, i'm getting an error "Input past End of File".

How to fix this?

(i'm new to DMX lightning)
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None

Post by Nathanrs93 »

I'm afraid that the admin that has the backups is away, unless I can get hold of the other staff member with the backups. You'll have nothing to do but wait I'm afraid.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej

You should be able to find it in the complete fixture library.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4528

/Jan
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Smashing! Cheers Jan_K for sorting that :)
johans
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: TV Broadcast

Post by johans »

Thanks Jan, Importing the library fixed my issue.

Regards,

Johan

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”