These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

HALT function on steps of a sequence

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
RingK
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

HALT function on steps of a sequence

Post by RingK »

Hi guys,
I work for a service which uses JANDS VISTA as software and controllers. As I was looking for an economic solution to be on my own for some smaller events, i found freestyler (in combo with a bcf2000), which was exactly what i needed. The only big difference i found with JANDS software is the lack of an "HALT" function on steps of a sequence.

This is JANDS VISTA's cuelist editor:
"1,2,3" are step numbers.
"cue" is step name.
"2s" it's the duration time.
"HALT" it's a variable that sets the behaviour of the step, in this case the sequence stops at the step 'till the button is pressed again, then moves to the next step and stops and so on. The other value is "FOLLOW" in this case the step will behave as in freestyler, moving to the next step after the time specified.

Is it possible to add this feature in Freestyler (for example: in "create sequence" lowering the step speed below 100, will result in a HALT state)?

I know that go monkey offers a similar functionality, but just for one cuestack at time, in this way, this would be available to all sequences.

The uses with this function implemented are many, you can have a button to cycle between wash colours, another for beam/spot colours, another to cycle between moving heads movements (circle, 8, slow, fast), another to cycle between fast, slow and no strobe and so on...

Thanks for the good work developing freestyler!

buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: HALT function on steps of a sequence

Post by buttza »

There is a Pause Button
RingK

Post by RingK »

buttza wrote:There is a Pause Button
I know but that' doesn't solve the problem, you can just pause a running sequence, not cycling through steps with a button press. What I am suggesting could be very useful, for example you can assign to a single button, a sequence with different colors on each steps (or movements, gobos, etc) and change them with every press.

JANDS VISTA works also this way, and I found it very useful.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Remember to submit this on bug tracker as a feature request, then it might get under taken if it's something you really want.
RingK

Post by RingK »

Nathanrs93 wrote:Remember to submit this on bug tracker as a feature request, then it might get under taken if it's something you really want.
Ok, thank you! Where i can find the bug tracker session?
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

RingK wrote:
Nathanrs93 wrote:Remember to submit this on bug tracker as a feature request, then it might get under taken if it's something you really want.
Ok, thank you! Where i can find the bug tracker session?
http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/main_page.php

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”