These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Override Button Runs Sequence

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Scrinson
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Override Button Runs Sequence

Post by Scrinson »

Hi, would it be possible to be able to have a sequence run when an override button is pressed. currently, an override button just runs the first scene in a sequence whereas I would like a sequence to run as long as I am pressing the button. This would really help when busking a show.

Thanks for all of your good work.

redvandan

Re: Override Button Runs Sequence

Post by redvandan »

The override buttons are really just meant for just that, Overriding one event. (color, dimmer, gobo, prism, strobe, etc.) If you want to trigger your sequence's manually, try using a keyboard shortcut. It may involve on off triggering, but you may be able (I did not check to see if its possible) to set it up as a flash button as well so it only works while holding the button down.
Scrinson

Post by Scrinson »

>>If you want to trigger your sequence's manually, try using a keyboard shortcut

How do I trigger sequences manually? I use cues and submasters which is not a very efficient way of working as it takes several button presses to move down a submaster list and then switch it on/off. I want a one shot deal (mapped to a keyboard button) which is always available and runs a simple sequence.

Thanks
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

You can map keyboard shortcuts in the setup of freestyler.
Scrinson

Post by Scrinson »

Hi, you guys have missed my point so let's try another tack.

Would it be possible to give the submaster run buttons a flash option rather like the override buttons. That way I could run a submaster using a button as well as a fader.

I currently do this using a program called midi designer on my ipad by mapping a midi button to the same as the submaster fader. This means that the fader is at full whilst I'm pressing the button thus running the sequence whilst a button is pressed. The problem with my setup is that I don't always want the hassle of setting up a wireless router for the ipad and would prefer if this functionality was built in to Freestyler.

Thanks
redvandan

Post by redvandan »

I see there is an option to "Toggle Submaster 1,2,3,4,5" then it would be hit once to turn on and again to turn off. But you would have to set it up with next, and previous submaster tab buttons on the keyboard or control device as well. I use it a lot with my touchscreen. I am not sure if you can actually use this as a flash style button though.
Scrinson

Post by Scrinson »

I see there is an option to "Toggle Submaster 1,2,3,4,5" then it would be hit once to turn on and again to turn off. But you would have to set it up with next, and previous submaster tab buttons on the keyboard or control device as well.
This is what I do now but the toggle means that the button doesn't react fast enough. If these buttons had a flash option it would work perfectly.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”