These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Submaster dimmer issues

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Submaster dimmer issues

Post by blaide13 »

I am running 4 moving heads, 16 pars and 2 different effect lights and programmed sequences, saved them into the cue panel and created submasters all according to the Wiki tutorial on submasters. The problem is the submasters where I put the dimmer controls have no effect. Let me explain: for the 4 moving heads, I started with an empty cue list, created a bunch of movement sequences and saved them all in the cue list and buttons and then inserted the cue list into the first submaster window. I made sure during programming that all functions of the light were set to off except the pan/tilt which was set to snap or fade. Next I cleared the cue list and repeated the same procedure for the colors and finally again for the dimmer controls. The submaster window for the dimmer controls contained only 2 sequences inside - Dimmer Off and Dimmer on. I then went to control the moving heads using the submasters. Clicked on a movement and it worked, Clicked on a color, then went to the submaster for the dimmer and clicked on the "dimmer On" and nothing happened. Light did not come on. If I select the light on my desktop and open it's control sliders on the upper right corner and move the dimmer to the 255 value, then it comes on. Went back to submaster controls and the movement window all movements worked when I selected them, color window, all colors worked when I selected them, but then I went to the dimmer submaster window and clicked on Dimmer off and nothing happened. Dimmer stayed on full. I tried the side slider as well but no luck. All functions work in the submaster windows except dimmer control. This was the same for all the other fixtures I programmed as well. During my show last night I had to manually select each fixture and turn its dimmer to full, then after that I was able to use the submasters for all other controls, but when I needed to turn off the fixtures, I needed again to manually select each fixture on the desktop, go into the right side sliders and turn the dimmer off. Any ideas why only the dimmer isn't working? When I programmed the dimmers I moved the slider either on or off AFTER I opened the create sequence window, and if I place those dimmer sequences I created into the cue window, they work fine when I click on them, just not in the submasters.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Submaster dimmer issues

Post by Rod_Horning »

I think I duplicated your issue. I could get the sequences to run by clicking on the sequence in the sub-master and then clicking the run button. The slider just to the right MUST be non-zero, probably should be 100%. This slider is a dimmer control and thus in your color and movement sub-masters has no effect. You really only need one sequence for dimming in the sub-master. The sequence should fade to full (or, since you are using a sub-master) it could snap to full. Make sure the sequence is set to repeat in the cue list. When you first bring up the sub-master start the sequence running in the sub-master. Use the slider to control the intensity.

Hope this helps
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by blaide13 »

This reply comes a bit late as I havn't played with it since I posted, but thanks for the info. I will try it out now.
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by blaide13 »

Worked like a charm.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”