These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Playback Buttons

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Tibby
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Playback Buttons

Post by Tibby »

Hey guys, I have 60 cues written on 3 separate cue lists. (20 each is the max per list) When I go to touch screen mode, I want to put all 60 buttons on one page, instead of spread out over 3 pages. Is there an easy way to do that? I tried "move button to page", but it moves the button to the over ride button page, or the fixtures or control page. I want to get them all on one playback page. Giggin this weekend for the first time with the new light show, and wanna get this figured out before then. Is there a solution?
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out! Tim

Tibby

Re: Playback Buttons

Post by Tibby »

Hello fellow lighting gurus! I haven't got a response to this question yet, and maybe there is no solution. Thought I'd show you what I'm doing with the buttons....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZAW4WTetXo
I have 8 LED pars on a front truss, and 12 little moving head washes on the rear truss. I programmed scenes and drop them into the cue list. Then, in touch screen mode I can select the buttons on my touch screen laptop. Easy as pie, right? This is for my live 6 piece band. Problem is, I can only write 20 scenes into a cue list, and each cuelist is a separate page in touchscreen "playback" mode. I've been switching between 4 different pages but it's not very efficient. Anyone got a work around? Peace, Tim
barrypearce

Post by barrypearce »

Hi Chap,

Im new to freestyler...spent the last week programming up 250+ cues. Now getting in the nitty gritty of playback with buttons - and like you and finding some frustrations.

Ill transfer my show over to my tablet - Im just at the point where everything is programmed - now I want to put it together so I can work the show from mostly hitting buttons rather than manually controlling every tiny detail from the sub-masters.

Ill let you know how I get on!
Barry
barrypearce

Post by barrypearce »

BTW - with your playback buttons do they have a cuelist with only 1 item and that 1 sequence sets up the entire rig or does the cuelist attached to the button have multiple sequences associated with it?
Tibby

Post by Tibby »

Barry, thanks for a response. I have playback buttons that run just one sequence, and playback buttons that run multiple sequences. I use the manual tempo button to trigger the different scenes for some of them. The playback buttons will run a sequence with multiple scenes, but the override buttons will not. The overide button only activates the first scene of a sequence, in my experience. Let me know how you overcome the obstacles!
Tim
barrypearce

Post by barrypearce »

Yes the override buttons are based on 1 step sequences...I use them for very specific circumstances - see below. The playback buttons - cuelist buttons are the main onces Im using for my scenes.

Right the position I am in now is I have a huge number of cues. 20 cuelists on submasters each controlling an aspect of a group of fixtures. I also have some set "scenes". These were created using fast cue switcher - clear the cues. The using the sub-masters to select what aspects I want (which cue for the fixture control aspect). Thus I build up a scene - rear wash one colour, dimmer, shutter etc moving lights doing something else and so on. I then save the cue list to another folder and add it to the cuelist buttons. A couple of cues I have added to the override buttons as flash buttons - These 3 are blinders and are all 1 step seq with the button set as flash.

I have an issue with the reaction of the overrides (logged in the bug tracker), but other than that they work great.

For the most part setting scenes (cuelists) onto the cuelist buttons works OK - unless you have a multi-step sequence involved - then it may or may not work - that particular multi-step cue can seem to cause problems - ive raised an issue on it. There are 6 pages of 16 buttons giving access to 96 programmed scenes.

Im now starting to investigate the touchscreen UI as I am using a tablet to actually run the show on freestyle and it has a touch screen. :)

I also have the full paid app for Android and this seems to work very well giving access to the cuelist buttons and the override buttons in a real easy way for running a band show.

Im now going to spend the next couple of days working on the touchscreen UI and get that working - Ill report back with more progress.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”