These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Strobe Problem

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Tibby
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Strobe Problem

Post by Tibby »

Hi guys and gals. Newbie here.....be gentle. I have 12 lights on the back truss all pointing at the drum kit. I want to strobe the snot out of the drummer to open the show. When I start the cue, the strobes all start up and strobe at the same time, and then drift off into their set tempos. I have them all set pretty slow, so they all kinda start out the same. It takes 10-15 seconds for it to get really wild. Any ideas on how to get around that, and have them start out lookin' all wild?

Christian
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Strobe Problem

Post by Christian »

Hi,

what exactly do you want to achieve? How schould it look?

Greetings
Christian
Tibby

Post by Tibby »

Hi Christian, I want the strobes to start our separately, instead of all flashing together for the first 10 seconds or so. I set a slow strobe time for each fixture separately, but when I fire the cue, they all start out the same until each strobe starts getting out of sync with each other. It takes 10 seconds or so for them to get strobing separately creating a dizzying effect. I kinda cured the problem by using a faster strobe on some of them, so they don't all look in sync when they start. I also found I can black out, then start the cue and let the strobes get out of sync, then release the blackout. Of course, that will only work at the beginning of the show.
Later, Tim
Christian
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Christian »

Hi,
try to reconstruct the strobe with on-off-scence for every fixture separately by using different scene times. Put them into the cuelist and start / stop the cuelist with a button.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

You need to build a sequence like he ^ said but use the FX generator and choose the "special" chase and have it on the lamp channel.
Tibby

Post by Tibby »

Thanks guys! I'll see if I can figure that out.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”